About Me

My photo
NC girl who loves Jesus, Robbie, William, family, friends, Walt Disney World, all things pink, and monogrammed!

Sara & Robbie

Sara & Robbie
Met in a small town. Moved to a big city. Married 6 years. Owe it all to God's grace.

William Carter

William Carter
Born on 9/22/11. Loves his Mama fiercely, babies, Disney, playing his heart out, his friends and family.

Monday, June 11, 2012

Beach Week: Saturday & Sunday

We got home Saturday from a wonderful week at the beach. We have gone to the Outer Banks for a week or two weeks ever since I was born, except for last year. We weren't going to go back this year until I begged my mom. We blocked off a week at the cottage that she and my aunt own. We couldn't wait to get down there!! I am breaking up the week in several different posts because I have TONS of pictures!!! It was a perfect week and I am so sad that it is over. We had perfect weather, and Robbie had off the entire week. Bliss!

Don't forget to pack me, Mama!
Mama, Hannah, William, and I headed down early Saturday morning. Mama enjoyed watching Toy Story in the backseat. We dropped Ella off at the boarder's, then stopped at Pineapple Cafe in Elizabeth City for lunch. Yum! We then headed to the beach, expecting lots of traffic. Much to our surprise, we sailed across the bridge. Hannah and I unpacked the van in record time. Then it was time to hit the grocery store. Ugh, what a chore!! It didn't take too long, and soon we were stocked for the week!

We got back to the cottage and relaxed. We fixed a quick meal of rotisserie chicken and baked potatoes. Robbie couldn't get off work until 9 that night, so he had a long night of driving - finally arriving at his parents' house with Riley at 1am. He decided to spend the night there and came early Sunday morning.





Trying some whole bananas



Sunday, we were so happy to see Robbie! I had been so nervous about how William would sleep in the room with us, in a Pack N Play. He has NEVER slept in the Pack N Play and would never nap in it. So I was definitely scared. I crept in the room and crept out. It was hilarious. But I definitely do not want to wake the baby! Luckily, he did great all week! Whew.

We had a fun day planned! Robbie's parents came down in the morning and we all went to lunch at Keefer's. It was delicious as always. We got back to the cottage and headed over to the beach to see how that was. The water was cold, but Linda and I still had a good time swimming! William had his first feel of the ocean. He wasn't the biggest fan, since it was cold, and loud! ;) He enjoyed sitting on the beach playing in his pool much more. We stayed at the beach for a while, then headed up to the pool in the backyard. That water was cold also! William had a good time testing it and hanging out in his float.

Robbie's parents left that afternoon, and we all got ready for dinner at my favorite, Lone Cedar!! I love their fried shrimp. We had a delicious dinner as always. When we got home, we were practicing with William, trying to get him to say Hannah. We all fell out when he really did say it! It is the funniest thing.




















No comments:

Post a Comment