About Me

My photo
NC girl who loves Jesus, Robbie, William, family, friends, Walt Disney World, all things pink, and monogrammed!

Sara & Robbie

Sara & Robbie
Met in a small town. Moved to a big city. Married 6 years. Owe it all to God's grace.

William Carter

William Carter
Born on 9/22/11. Loves his Mama fiercely, babies, Disney, playing his heart out, his friends and family.

Monday, November 4, 2013

Holidays Fit For The King!


This year, I was privileged to attend Holidays Fit For The King at our church! It is an annual women's event and I have heard awesome things about it from a ton of people, so I couldn't wait. Side-note- I was so afraid I couldn't go, since Robbie was working and Mama was out of town. Thankfully, Carolyn's husband, Paul, stepped up and offered to watch William for me! He had a blast playing with Grace. Thank you, thank you to Paul so that I could enjoy my morning! 

After dropping William off at 7:30 (he was still half asleep), Carolyn and I headed to church! The first 45 minutes was just for mingling and looking at all of the tables. Women from the church decorated the tables in a Thanksgiving or Christmas theme; they were great! I took a ton of pictures. We had a delicious breakfast, and a sweet, sweet message from a woman at our church about making your entire holiday season about Him!!



Carolyn, Meredith, and Krista decorated this table!
And this one!
I loved the whimsical look of this one!

Love white pumpkins!







LOVE the chalkboards!
And I was obsessed with this Christmas chevron!
This girl, sweet Abby. I just looove her to pieces. She is such a sweetheart and so genuine!

After the breakfast, we were dismissed to seminars. There were several to choose from on all different topics such as decorating, cooking for a crowd, Pinterest, advent calendars, photobooking, throwing the perfect party, etc. My first seminar was Pinterest-ed? and was led by the sweetest girl, Gretchen. She brought with her sooo many cute ideas that she got from Pinterest. I am totally going to have to copy some of her ideas!!


My second seminar was called "A New Take on an Old Tradition", and was about advent calendars and activities for you and your kids to do. We each got to make our own advent calendar. I can't wait to share the Scripture verses with William and do some of the activities for each day in December!


Laura was excited about her calendar!

Meanwhile, at Carolyn's, Paul had fixed Grace and William lunch! They had the time of their lives, I am sure. William took a 3.5 hour nap when we got home, so I think he definitely played hard! Thank goodness for good friends who love your kids like their own!


I am so thankful for all of the women of Providence and especially my sweet friends I have there!! What an awesome day of fellowship and fun!!





1 comment:

  1. I think this year was particularly awesome! The seminars were amazing, and I'm thrilled my table made the cut! Now, if only they'd served more food...

    ReplyDelete