About Me

My photo
NC girl who loves Jesus, Robbie, William, family, friends, Walt Disney World, all things pink, and monogrammed!

Sara & Robbie

Sara & Robbie
Met in a small town. Moved to a big city. Married 6 years. Owe it all to God's grace.

William Carter

William Carter
Born on 9/22/11. Loves his Mama fiercely, babies, Disney, playing his heart out, his friends and family.

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Back to Work!

December 19th was my first day back to work! William was 12 and a half weeks old. I felt very lucky that I was able to stay home with him that long, as I know many people who can't/don't. I wish I could be home with him full time, but it just is not a practical thing right now with so many things going on and goals that we have for our family. Luckily, my mom retired last year from 33 years of teaching, and she is going to be watching William for us on the days that Robbie works. So far, it is working out great! She loves being with him, and I love that he is able to stay in his own house with his own stuff and not have to travel each morning to a daycare. So thankful!!

I was actually fearing my first day back, and was dreading it. It really hasn't been too bad at all. I enjoy being at work with all my work friends. We all have a good time together. So it really isn't too bad yet. I come home for lunch and have revised my schedule so that I get off at 4:30 and we still have some significant time together at night!

My first day back, I think Robbie thought I was going to be so depressed. So he was so sweet and cheered me up! Around 2:00, a flower delivery guy knocked on our office door with a delivery for me!!! I was shocked, because Robbie and I never do flowers! The card was so sweet! It read "Have a great 1st day back to work. Love, Robbie & William" So thoughtful!!! I have been so, so blessed with such a sweet, caring hubby and pray that he will show William how to be so sweet for his future wife.


1 comment:

  1. I am so far behind on my reader! You have such a sweet husband to send you flowers! Lucky girl! :)

    ReplyDelete