About Me

My photo
NC girl who loves Jesus, Robbie, William, family, friends, Walt Disney World, all things pink, and monogrammed!

Sara & Robbie

Sara & Robbie
Met in a small town. Moved to a big city. Married 6 years. Owe it all to God's grace.

William Carter

William Carter
Born on 9/22/11. Loves his Mama fiercely, babies, Disney, playing his heart out, his friends and family.

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Being A New Believer

Lately I have had a lot of comments about my spirituality. A lot of people say things like, "you have flipped over 'this religion'", "you are hardcore now", etc. Maybe that is true. But nothing has ever given me the overwhelming peace and comfort that I have felt since becoming a believer.

My testimony is totally awesome and gives God all the glory, but I am not ready, and not sure if I ever will be, to share it publicly. The little part I am willing to share is this: God has changed my life. As a mother, as a wife, as a person totally. I remember clearly a day in January. Robbie was doing The Love Dare. Through that, he was discovering all sorts of things about himself and us. He texted me that day in January about how he had re-dedicated his life to The Lord. That in order to make our marriage stronger and better, he wanted that relationship with Christ. Through my blurred vision, I wrote back that it was the best text I have ever received. I was so happy for him, but what about me?? I had never given my life to the Lord, even though I believed in Him. After I saw how happy Robbie was in his renewed faith, I started asking a lot of questions. On February 6th of this year, I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior. So awesome!

Sometimes I am overwhelmed. I have so many good friends who are like little theologians, walking around ministering to people and their blog posts are filled with bible verses that are totally related to their situation. However, that feeling of inadequacy is not the point of being a Christian. Believing that God sent his only Son, Jesus, to die for US! For you and me! Even though we were full of sin (and still are), he died to give us eternal life. In our bible study, we studied God's love this week. God loves us as much as he loves his own Son!! Can you imagine?! I know I can't imagine loving everyone (or anyone, really) as much as I love William. I am still figuring it all out myself, but I will tell you - it is just overwhelming and sooo comforting to know you always have someone with you and with your best interests at heart.

The thing is, Providence Baptist Church is my happy place. Robbie and I serve on the leadership team in our Sunday school class, on Sunday nights at BLAST with the four year olds, and I attend a wonderful women's bible study that I just love. When I am there, it is like home to me. However, attending all of these events, and listening to K-Love radio, and saying "Praise God!"; that isn't all there is to it! You have to truly believe!! And I can tell you, I truly believe, and try to live my life for Him everyday. Will I make mistakes? Of course. Every day can't be perfect. But, my marriage and my life as a whole has improved since trusting God. I will also tell you, there is nothing sweeter than seeing a little baby put his hands together and bow his head to pray, and whisper "Dear God", and start listing all of the things he is thankful for. Thank you, Jesus!!

  

        



7 comments:

  1. Girl you nailed it! How can you not believe in a Man who predicted his own death and resurrection! God is bigger than anything and everything we will ever face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is wonderful girl...glad to hear this...

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) Thank you so much for sharing this! :) It's so awesome to hear other people's testimonies.

    Believe me, as someone whose testimony starts around the age of 5, I still make puh-lenty of mistakes, need to confess my sins and ask for forgiveness all too often, and have LOTS to learn. (Much of which, I learn from my 4-year-old... whose faith puts me to shame more often than not) :) Love how God ministers even through these little ones!

    Thank you so much for sharing this. Love having you in my LAMBS group and getting to know you a bit better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post! So awesome. Makes me want to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! Welcome to the family!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad you shared this! It has been awesome getting to know you and Robbie, and yes- watching your kids love and praise the Lord is THE BEST. And it only gets better from here. I am one of those who was saved at five, but I did not really start walking closely with the Lord until my 20s. Having children definitely has a way of forcing you to focus on the future, especially now that you have little eyes observing your every move!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So Glad to hear this! Wonderful to hear of another person coming to know Jesus. This has made my day. :)

    ReplyDelete