About Me

My photo
NC girl who loves Jesus, Robbie, William, family, friends, Walt Disney World, all things pink, and monogrammed!

Sara & Robbie

Sara & Robbie
Met in a small town. Moved to a big city. Married 6 years. Owe it all to God's grace.

William Carter

William Carter
Born on 9/22/11. Loves his Mama fiercely, babies, Disney, playing his heart out, his friends and family.

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Paci-free!

Oh my goodness, y'all. I am so sorry I didn't record this when it actually happened, because now I can't remember the exact date. :( I think he had just turned 3, and we just knew we had to get rid of the paci. I hated to, because he loved it so much. But he was just getting too big!! We had promised him EVERYTHING, and he still said he wanted his paci. One night we were at Crabtree, and passed Build A Bear. He seemed interested, so we told him IF he slept one night without his paci, we would immediately go get a bear (at the time they had Ninja Turtles and he was super excited about getting one!) That night, I put him to bed and told he we would just TRY it and see how he did. Well, he did great. Have any of you read that article about the last time? The last time he asks you to wash his hair, stay in his room at night, etc? Well, I had no idea this would be the last time I'd see him with a paci. But it was. It goes SO quick!

The next afternoon, we headed to Build a Bear and he had the best time building that turtle. They gave him a sticker that said he was celebrating getting rid of his paci! He ate it all up. I was SO disappointed when the lady told us that usually people bring in an old paci and put it inside the toy so that he can feel it. :( I didn't think I had one, and then a month later found a daggone paci in my purse - it had been there the whole time!!! Shoot! Anyway, he LOVES that turtle and still tells us why he has that turtle. Losing the paci was so much easier than I thought it would be - even though there are STILL times I wish I could give it to him when he's fighting sleep! ;)
















We had to take "Leo" to school the next day!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment