About Me

My photo
NC girl who loves Jesus, Robbie, William, family, friends, Walt Disney World, all things pink, and monogrammed!

Sara & Robbie

Sara & Robbie
Met in a small town. Moved to a big city. Married 6 years. Owe it all to God's grace.

William Carter

William Carter
Born on 9/22/11. Loves his Mama fiercely, babies, Disney, playing his heart out, his friends and family.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Whirlwind Weekend

This past weekend Robbie and I went home to Elizabeth City for another fast-paced weekend there. Everytime we go home, we never get to relax, because there is always sooo much going on. This particular weekend was a whirlwind of emotions for me. I was so excited that Robbie actually had Saturday and Sunday off so he was able to go with me!

Saturday morning, we rose at 5:30 (I can't even remember the last time I've gotten up that early) and picked my mom up and left for Elizabeth City. We had to go to Moyock to Robbie's parents house to drop Riley off before going back to town. So we made it there by 9:45 and headed back to EC.

The first part of the trip was a very sad occasion. We were attending the memorial service of a very special man; my good friend Rich's dad. He was so young. But the service was very nice and uplifting. My mom, Robbie and I had the privelege of sitting with the family during the service and then attending the luncheon held afterwards. It was all a very nice tribute to Rick's life.

The second part was a happy occasion!!! One of my best friends of our whole life, Kristin, is getting married in March. We lived 20 minutes apart for our whole college career (well our whole lives really) and often met for dinner and shopping. Now, she lives in Texas with her fiance. :( So I was very excited to be able to go home for her bridal shower!! Robbie went to his brothers house to have guy time while Mama and I headed to the shower. It was very nice and she got lots of great things!!! I always love seeing her, her mama and her Gran. :) I am so excited for her bachelorette party in 2 weeks!!

The final part of the day was seeing the sweetest baby, Conner!!!! And his mom and dad, of course! We met Shelley and Brandon at Cypress Creek for dinner. It was delicious! They have the best crab dip in the world. I just *have* to have it everytime we go there. Robbie had a yummy pork tenderloin and I had the steak and shrimp special. It was so delicious. I loved hanging out with Shelley (who is hilarious) and Brandon, and especially Conner!! He is so cute!!
Cutie pie!

Shelley, Conner and I


He is now loving "drinking" water out of a straw!

People watching

G-Dad Robbie loves him too! ;)

So sweet!!
After dinner, we headed back to my in-laws house to spend the night. We slept in on Sunday morning and it felt great. After a leisurely morning, we took my mother-in-law and mama out to lunch for Mexican, and then headed back to Raleigh to enjoy dinner with my sister, Ashley and Willie at Tribeca Tavern - yum!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment