About Me

My photo
NC girl who loves Jesus, Robbie, William, family, friends, Walt Disney World, all things pink, and monogrammed!

Sara & Robbie

Sara & Robbie
Met in a small town. Moved to a big city. Married 6 years. Owe it all to God's grace.

William Carter

William Carter
Born on 9/22/11. Loves his Mama fiercely, babies, Disney, playing his heart out, his friends and family.

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Happy Birthday, William!!!

The morning of September 22, I woke up with trepidation about my doctor appointment that day. My blood pressure had been getting higher and higher, and it seemed like every other appointment ended with a trip to the hospital. So, Robbie and I arrived at the doctor for my 11:30 appointment. I was slated to go to the hospital that Sunday for an induction. I was nervous about that because the doctor that was on call that night was not one I was overly fond of. I definitely had my favorites ;)

To the lab I go...and come out with a blood pressure reading of around 152/125. The highest EVER. So I automatically start freaking about that thinking, here goes another hospital visit. I go into my non-stress test; Robbie and I discussing how we KNOW we are going to the hospital after this for a checkup. Next thing I know, Dr. Groff comes into the room and says, "OK, guys, I know we had a plan for Sunday, but sometimes plans change and this blood pressure is crazy. You are having this baby now." I said, "HUH?!?!" and Robbie is just silent. She told me I didn't even have time to go home and get my bags! So, shaking, we walked out of the dr's office to a chorus of good luck! I got in the car and called my mom...."Mama, you will NOT believe this...we are going to have the baby!" She was in total disbelief and thought I was joking! I quickly called my boss, my dad, Robbie's parents & boss, and some friends before heading into the hospital! I was taken right back to labor & delivery and asked who was on call from my practice that day...it was our favorite, Dr. Inge!!!  I don't know how I got so lucky. He came in shortly after they got me all set up with an IV and checked...and of course there was no dilation. So he says, "what has happened is you have gone from borderline preeclampsia, to preeclampsia, to severe preeclampsia in a matter of days and this is getting very dangerous. So, you have the choice to try to get things going and lay here and labor for days OR go ahead and have a csection."  Well to me, the irony was so great! In the beginning of my pregnancy, I had said I wanted a scheduled csection because labor scared me so bad. Now I was facing the choice and not sure of what I wanted to do!!! So an hour or so later, after Dr. Inge had checked on us several times to see if we made a decision haha, I decided on the c section. I was 36 weeks and 6 days.

Once I made the decision, the nurses were buzzing around as if it were an emergency!! Within 15 minutes, I was being wheeled to the operating room and Mama and Robbie were telling me goodbye. Robbie went to get changed and I had to have my spinal block put in. Ugh, that needle hurt!!!! And shot fire down my leg and he had to try again. That was the worst part! Within seconds, my body was NUMB! Then the spinal made me SICK because of the blood pressure drop that I was warned about. They put up the curtain and the doctor came in and talked to me. Thankfully, Robbie finally made it in there. I instantly felt better! After that, everything happened really quickly and I felt like I was in and out of it. Finally, they pulled William out and I heard him cry. I was so relieved to hear that cry because of him being so early! They took him and Robbie into the nursery right there in the operating room and checked him out after I saw him briefly. He was born at 5:53 pm and weighed 6lbs and 13oz and 19.5 in long!

The next thing I know, I'm in recovery and then about an hour later, in my room with Mama, Hannah and Robbie. I was in no pain whatsoever. Ashley and Willie were there, as well as Stephanie and her dad. Later, Robbie's parents and my dad showed up!















We stayed in the hospital until Monday. It was a glorious stay. The nurses were so wonderful and attentive and we didn't have to want for a thing. Lots of people came to visit and it was wonderful. Shelley came the day after he was born for the day and we loved that!!







We were so happy to finally meet our sweet boy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment