About Me

My photo
NC girl who loves Jesus, Robbie, William, family, friends, Walt Disney World, all things pink, and monogrammed!

Sara & Robbie

Sara & Robbie
Met in a small town. Moved to a big city. Married 6 years. Owe it all to God's grace.

William Carter

William Carter
Born on 9/22/11. Loves his Mama fiercely, babies, Disney, playing his heart out, his friends and family.

Friday, November 11, 2011

The End

Wow...so much updating needed! I haven't even introduced the blogging world to my sweet William yet! For now, I am going to do a quick catch up of those last few weeks so that I can always remember.

Week 31.5...I was diagnosed with pre-preeclampsia...my blood pressure was slowly creeping up and there were traces of protein in my urine. So, I was sent home with my first ever 24 hour urine test...what a pain! It has to stay refrigerated, so I would go all the way downstairs in the middle of the night (14 times) to use the bathroom and refrigerate. That showed even more protein...so my dr put me on modified bed rest and told me to start working home. Thank goodness for a flexible boss who allowed me to work from home. I am so, so thankful. The doctor looked right at Robbie and said "She cannot do ANYTHING around the house that does not HAVE to be done, so definitely not cleaning". Robbie was thinking...Umm this is no change from her normal life! LOL. The next morning, I had to get a shot to develop his lungs quicker in case I delivered before 34 weeks. This freaked me out immensely; just thinking of a baby that early!

At this point, I was having doctor appointments TWICE A WEEK!!! I was going so much that the doctors and nurses were recognizing me BY NAME when I walked in! And this is a huge medical practice! Unfortunately, at each appt, my blood pressure was rising and rising. I also had to have an ultrasound every Monday and non-stress test every Thursday to monitor William. Blood was drawn once a week to make sure my organs weren't suffering. Thank goodness they never did, or the towel would have been thrown in ASAP! At most appointments, my BP was low enough not to warrant a hospital visit. But near the end, FOUR times I was sent to Rex to be monitored and to have more blood work done to ensure myself and baby were fine.

Meanwhile, we were busy getting things ready for the big arrival!
Riley helping with the swing 
Hanging the curtains

Robbie testing the chair in the nursery!

Shelley helping put together the Pack N Play

33 weeks

34 weeks

35.5 weeks! Last picture before William!
At every doctor appointment, I held my breath thinking, "Please don't let it be THE day, yet" I wanted my sweet boy to be as healthy as possible. My bags weren't even packed!!! But I was miserable. I am not used to staying in the house at all. I would sneak out once a day to eat dinner. AND we were planning Ashley's shower...which was September 17th! That would turn out to be my last weekend baby-free! I was so swollen at the end it was almost comical. My nose wasn't my nose. It was ridiculous. People would say how good I looked (lies) and I would say, oh you don't understand, this isn't even my face!!! I didn't even look like myself! It was all worth it though, and even with these complications, it was NOTHING compared to what some people go through and I would do it all over again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment