About Me

My photo
NC girl who loves Jesus, Robbie, William, family, friends, Walt Disney World, all things pink, and monogrammed!

Sara & Robbie

Sara & Robbie
Met in a small town. Moved to a big city. Married 6 years. Owe it all to God's grace.

William Carter

William Carter
Born on 9/22/11. Loves his Mama fiercely, babies, Disney, playing his heart out, his friends and family.

Monday, September 10, 2012

BIG Milestone...

This weekend, William reached another big milestone. It seems that they are happening almost everyday. He had his last bottle on Friday. It actually was unexpected. We were almost out of formula, so I figured I'd give the Dr a call to see what they thought of me starting him on whole milk instead of buying more formula. The nurse said since he is only two weeks away from being one (WHAT?!??!?!) that it would be fine to go ahead and switch him.

Luckily, we have never warmed his bottles and in the past few months, had been using the water from the refrigerator, so he was used to cold liquid. So the cold milk didn't shock him. We tried it at lunch on Friday, and he took one sip from his cup, expecting water, and took the cup out and smiled at me and said "YUM!" He LOVES it. I am so glad he loves the taste and we haven't had to do any mixing. Since he loved the milk so much, we just never gave him any more bottles after Friday. I was expecting a few more days of bottles, but if he's doing okay with not having them, why bring them back to take them away again?!

We got rid of his nighttime bottle about 3 months ago, so he was only have 3 a day. Two of them were after meals, so I think by subbing the milk with those meals, he is getting full. He has only acted a little whiny after his afternoon nap, since he used to have one when he woke up. We are giving him some milk and a snack to take the place of the bottle and it seems to work fine. He really was never obsessed with his bottle and we had to force-feed him since he was born!! He is just not a huge eater.  I am so thankful for an easy (so far) transition.

Robbie packed up all of his bottles this morning. :( I am happy for the savings with the formula, and he is eating so well at the table that the bottles were just another thing to think about. But it is still crazy that he is old enough to be without them. :(

Friday morning bottle

1 comment:

  1. What a big boy! I hope it will be that easy with Sam. Avery stopped drinking milk when we took the bottle, but I'm not a milk drinker myself.

    ReplyDelete