About Me

My photo
NC girl who loves Jesus, Robbie, William, family, friends, Walt Disney World, all things pink, and monogrammed!

Sara & Robbie

Sara & Robbie
Met in a small town. Moved to a big city. Married 6 years. Owe it all to God's grace.

William Carter

William Carter
Born on 9/22/11. Loves his Mama fiercely, babies, Disney, playing his heart out, his friends and family.

Thursday, September 27, 2012

The Past Few Days...{Sept. 13-17}

Here I am again, late posting!! Since we had a BUSY weekend last weekend, including a first birthday and party, I am just going to do a quick summary of the past few days.

I have been very busy putting some finishing touches on a certain sweet boy's first birthday party! I cannot believe it is already time for this! I am excited on one hand, because each milestone he reaches is even more fun than the previous one, but I just can't believe my baby is so grown! We are doing The Very Hungry Caterpillar theme, and thanks to Etsy, I have done a lot myself! Printing and cutting things is a huge money-saver, but I am NOT a DIY-er, so this has been an experience haha!


SCORE from the Target One Spot!



Thursday night, we went to Ashley and Willie's for family haircut night haha! We all three had our hair done since we were having pictures made Friday. Ashley fixed a delicious dinner of baked ziti and salads. William ate it up. He is still not a fan of avocado, in case you were wondering. He was walking around with molly's walker and then Molly did it too for the first time! We were all excited. They had another bath together and we finished our hair and came home to bed! Thanks for another fun night!!!






Friday will go down as probably the worst day of my life. I won't go into why on this blog, but just to document for me for later. Robbie had to work that morning, and picked up William's smash cake for pictures on his way home. Whhhyyyy was there no green on the cake?! Since the VHC IS green!? I called the bakery and they were so apologetic, and promised to fix it if I could bring it back. So we ran to take it back and grabbed lunch at Zaxby's while they worked on it. After that, it was much better!! We ran to Party City to get balloons and one popped in my face while we were putting them in the car. I went back inside and got another one and the nice man didn't even charge me. I'm telling you, it was ONE thing after another. When we finally made it back home, I went to get out of the car, and the smash cake fell facedown on the floor of the car. At that point, I just had had enough! Robbie quietly picked it up and said it was okay and I had to rush inside to finish sorting out our outfits for the pictures! Sheesh. Courtenay was great, as usual! She was very patient and tried any and everything to get William to smile. He was being grumpy!! We did get some great shots though! I took one sneak on my phone below ;)





Saturday, William and I got ready after his morning nap and went to Mama's. We had lunch at Applebee's since Hannah was working, and then ventured over to Cameron Village. We did lots of window shopping. Mama got William a smocked dinosaur shirt at Shutterbug's. We both commented that we could have bought about 10 outfits. Everything in there is always SO cute.

Getting stuck in the toy!




Sunday morning, William played in his crib while I got ready. We went to the mall with Mama. William was needing some shoes!! Thank goodness Mama made the annoucement a while ago that she was in charge of shoes. He has outgrown all of his shoes except his Crocs, and it was getting too cool for them, and they didn't match most of his clothes! We had lunch in the food court and then got to work. We found a pair of New Balance tennis shoes that I have swore my kids would have since way before I was thinking about having kids. Love them! He also got a pair of kelly green Chuck Taylor's. 







His new obsession is the toy that Conner gave him...it is a race track and he wants to spin around like the cars do. He has finally figured out how to get IN the race track, but is disappointed to find out that he doesn't spin. I caught him Monday morning doing this...



Many birthday updates coming soon!!! ;)

1 comment:

  1. Had no idea the smash cake had smashed before William got his hands on it. Sounds like that day was a doozy! Love the pic of W&M on the couch together!

    ReplyDelete