About Me

My photo
NC girl who loves Jesus, Robbie, William, family, friends, Walt Disney World, all things pink, and monogrammed!

Sara & Robbie

Sara & Robbie
Met in a small town. Moved to a big city. Married 6 years. Owe it all to God's grace.

William Carter

William Carter
Born on 9/22/11. Loves his Mama fiercely, babies, Disney, playing his heart out, his friends and family.

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!!

Valentine's Day has never been a huge holiday for me. Robbie and I have never seen the sense in spending a ton of money on gifts for this holiday. We typically go out to a nice dinner that night, and try to appreciate and love each other all throughout the year. We actually celebrated Vday the day before this year, since Mama already had William that night for us to go to an appointment. Robbie sent flowers to me at work on Wednesday. They were gorgeous!!! We are not usually flower people, but sometimes the surprise is nice! We picked our favorite spot for dinner that night, Firebirds. Mama gave us some Vday money that we used to treat ourselves. It was half price drinks night that night, and I tried Passion Punch. It was delish!! I would have never paid 9.00 for it though! Jeez!! My Valentine also remembered I had been coveting the new book, "Sparkly Green Earrings" by a popular blogger. It was SO good. I read it in 2 days!!! Definitely recommend it! We had a great night celebrating!




Robbie brought me home a heart shaped biscuit from work a couple days before!


On Valentine's Day, Mama, William, and I left early to head to Salisbury for Stephanie's dad's funeral. William looked so grown in his navy blazer and tie. He did so great through the visitation, funeral, burial, and lunch back at Stephanie's. Stephanie said a beautiful speech about her dad, and even mentioned our sweet boy and how much he had meant to her dad. I was bawling. He will be missed!! We changed William into his Valentine's Day shirt (old pic below but it has a puppy on it with a valentine in his mouth ;)) so he would be comfy on the ride, and headed back to Raleigh!
 


Flowers on our table!

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you on the flowers. I can't ever justify paying that much for something that only lasts a few days, but I do love the element of surprise they bring!

    ReplyDelete