About Me

My photo
NC girl who loves Jesus, Robbie, William, family, friends, Walt Disney World, all things pink, and monogrammed!

Sara & Robbie

Sara & Robbie
Met in a small town. Moved to a big city. Married 6 years. Owe it all to God's grace.

William Carter

William Carter
Born on 9/22/11. Loves his Mama fiercely, babies, Disney, playing his heart out, his friends and family.

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Aldi Update!

So, I thought I'd do a quick Aldi update! We have been using the products for a couple weeks now, and love them! For myself as much as people reading, I figured it could help me remember what we like to buy!

As we all know, Aldi isn't really a brand name type of store. I am not a brand name snob with everything, but I always have been about peas. I was raised on Le Sueur peas, and they are my favorite! Can I get an amen from my fellow La Sueur lovers?? Yes, they are THE most expensive canned vegetable on the aisle....but they are the best tasting peas, so they were worth the $2.00 price tag. However, at Aldi, I picked up their version of LS peas. They were in the silver label, not the regular ones in the green label. And wouldn't you know? They are seriously almost as good as my beloved Le Sueur!! So, for now they have been replaced. These are only .99 a can, so I am sure we will use Aldi, except with Harris Teeter or someone runs a $1 special on the "real" ones!! ;)


More canned goodies! We tried the green beans this week. Ehh, they weren't my favorite. But at .49 a can,  I can doctor them up next time to have a little more flavor. We also used the CoM soup. I can't remember how much it was, but I do know that it was el cheapo. We couldn't tell the difference!


Cereal! We got Kid's Krunch (Cap'n Crunch), Honey Nut Crispy Oats (Honey Nut Cheerios), and Marshmallows and Stars (Lucky Charms). We haven't tried the Marshmallows and Stars, but the other two taste really similar! And at only 1.69 a box, that is a significant savings!!


I swear, I think these cheese crackers are better than Cheez-Its! And a ton cheaper. I think they were around a $1.49, and Cheez Its are hardly EVER on sale that low, if ever!

William loves these fruit snacks. He really doesn't miss his other ones, and gobbles these right on up. So they are definitely worth the savings!


William could eat his weight in raisins, seriously. Although they're not super expensive in a regular store, they were cheaper at Aldi, so I grabbed a box to see what he thought. He is still eating them as fast as we put them on the plate, so they seem to be a winner!


Chips! We don't eat chips very often, and one reason is because they are sooo expensive! Shew. But the chips at Aldi are very reasonably priced! I think they're around $1.49 a bag!!! We picked up Sour Cream n Onion, Vegetable Straws, tortilla chips, "Goldfish", and pita chips. They are all awesome! The pita chips are my fave and already gone (hence the missing picture). They have Sea Salt and Garlic and Parmesan Herb. I got the garlic/parmesan, and they are so good! William doesn't mind the Penguins, which are fake Goldfish. They definitely aren't as good as real Goldfish, but William doesn't notice! It's so nice to have some variety to our lunches now!


There were a few other things that we either haven't tried yet, or I just didn't take a picture of. Things like sauces, vinegar, etc, we have used and I can't tell a difference at all in them. And of course, Aldi actually had our favorite BBQ sauce, Sweet Baby Ray's - so we knew that was going to be a winner. We have tried their pork tenderloin, beef tips, and hamburger meat. All of the meat has been great quality so far. We bought frozen pizzas and frozen chicken tenderloins - neither of which we've tried.

We look forward to another Aldi trip, and continuing saving a little bit of money without sacrificing what we love!

3 comments:

  1. So funny about the Le Sueur peas. To this day, my mom only buys them. She says they're the best. One time I went shopping with her and picked up the cheap peas and she said, "No, we get the Le Sueur."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to the Le Sueur peas, but you're right, the Aldi knock-offs are just as good. We buy everything there that would buy at Kroger, with the exception of milk. I've had a few not so good gallons so I always pick that up at Kroger. And you're right, the "goldfish" penguins aren't as good, but there is another kind that you can get that is better, so I hear. I'll have to figure it out. Glad you are on the Aldi bandwagon of savings! PS- their egg cartons have a sweet Bible verse inside! Extra little surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pita chips at Aldi are my FAVORITE. I picked up a bag of Stacy's brand pita chips at Harris Teeter one day (and they are like $5!) because I was just there and needed some, and I did not like them as much as the Aldi ones!

    ReplyDelete