About Me

My photo
NC girl who loves Jesus, Robbie, William, family, friends, Walt Disney World, all things pink, and monogrammed!

Sara & Robbie

Sara & Robbie
Met in a small town. Moved to a big city. Married 6 years. Owe it all to God's grace.

William Carter

William Carter
Born on 9/22/11. Loves his Mama fiercely, babies, Disney, playing his heart out, his friends and family.

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Beef and Broccoli (In Your Crock Pot!!!)

Y'all. I love my crock pot. It is SO easy to just throw everything in there and let it work away. Last night, I made beef and broccoli in the CP. It was soooo good. We loved it! It was a little spicy, and just perfect! We served it over rice. I swear I took a picture, but now can't find it on my phone. William probably deleted it. ;) Anyway, it was awesome and super easy (I started it when I went home for lunch) and will definitely be added to our rotation!!

Here's the recipe!
Beef and Broccoli (source: http://feministhousewife.wordpress.com/2011/06/11/30-day-blog-challenge-days-10-11/)

Ingredients:
-1 lb beef  (we used stew meat)
-1/4 cup soy sauce
-2 T white wine (if I don’t have this on hand, I’ve used some water)
-2 T apple cider vinegar
-1 T brown sugar
-2 t sesame oil (I didn't have this, and couldn't justify the $8 price tag for 2t)
-2 cloves minced garlic
-1/2 t crushed red pepper flakes
-1 bag thawed broccoli florets
 
Directions:
- Add liquid ingredients to the crockpot
-Stir in garlic and spices
-Add meat, toss to coat
-Cook on low for 6-8 hours
-30-60 minutes before serving, add entire bag of broccoli, cover and cook on high
-Serve over rice

After dinner, we headed outside to play with our neighbors again! William is so random, he went and sat on Jessica's front porch and was reading a book, and then went in Christie's garage to get a broom and dust pan, while everyone else was running around playing! He is such a mess!!

Cleaning up!


Wait a second, can I climb in?! Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment