About Me

My photo
NC girl who loves Jesus, Robbie, William, family, friends, Walt Disney World, all things pink, and monogrammed!

Sara & Robbie

Sara & Robbie
Met in a small town. Moved to a big city. Married 6 years. Owe it all to God's grace.

William Carter

William Carter
Born on 9/22/11. Loves his Mama fiercely, babies, Disney, playing his heart out, his friends and family.

Monday, January 20, 2014

Dessert and Design!

Last week, this Mama had two, count them, two nights out!!! Whoo hoooo!! Tuesday night, my LAMBS small group had their social. It was SO much fun, and we went way over the time limit, but it was awesome. Many laughs, many tears. I didn't take one picture. :( Thanks, Abby, for hosting us!!! An awesome ending? William was completely asleep when I got home! Score!! ;)

Thursday night, our church had a women's event, Dessert and Design. Even though I literally have zero artistic ability, I still convinced Laura to sign up with me! We didn't know anyone else going, but we were excited to see a bunch of our friends there! It was led by one of our worship pastor's wives, Whitney, and she is SO talented!! We were to replicate her beautiful tree...and she broke each step down so easily - even I could follow. ;) We first grabbed coffee and dessert, then everyone sat down at their blank canvas. I was nervous!!


Excited to get started!
Some of the women brought delicious desserts! My favorite, rice krispy treats! ;)
Laura and I had front row seats ha!! See us on the right!?

Blank canvas! Ready to work!


Whitney started with having us mix specific colors for the background and water below the tree. I kept running out of paint, and so ended with some funky stripes on my canvas haha! Thank goodness for the tree covering most of my errors! ;)  We had SO much fun. It was the fastest 2.5 hours ever!! Even though mine looks NOTHING like Whitney's, ha, I still had an awesome time!!! I even found a spot for my painting in the dining room, wayyy up high on top of the china cabinet.... ;)


The beginning....
The example....mine was not even CLOSE!
Adding some grass...
Our great instructor!
Trying so hard, lol!
All done!
Half of the room, busy painting!
Our finished products. Don't judge mine ;)
The whole group!! SO fun!


Thank you, Whitney, for teaching us!!! I hope Providence will offer more of these, and soon!!





No comments:

Post a Comment