About Me

My photo
NC girl who loves Jesus, Robbie, William, family, friends, Walt Disney World, all things pink, and monogrammed!

Sara & Robbie

Sara & Robbie
Met in a small town. Moved to a big city. Married 6 years. Owe it all to God's grace.

William Carter

William Carter
Born on 9/22/11. Loves his Mama fiercely, babies, Disney, playing his heart out, his friends and family.

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Keeping His Promises


On New Years Eve, we didn't do a whole lot! We had a couple invites to some sweet friends houses, but Robbie had to open the store the next morning, so we just decided to stay home. Robbie made the most delicious Spicy Chicken Corn Chowder, and we all watched a movie. William was a little restless, so I decided to pull out some art supplies to entertain for a few minutes. We decided to make a rainbow. This was his first time using glue, and it was hilarious to watch him figure it all out. As we made it, I explained to William that a rainbow means that God keeps his promises to us, and told him the story of Noah. Now, every time that he sees a rainbow, he makes us laugh by saying "Rainbow!! God promises!" So sweet.





All finished!


That night, we were reading from his Jesus Storybook Bible. We read about Noah, since we had just finished talking about him in our craft. I loved the last page of the story. I loved how it talked about the rainbow making everything beautiful, and when the world got ugly again, God kept his promise to never destroy the world again, and instead sent his Son to rescue us all from sin! What an awesome thing to read on New Year's Eve. We have a new beginning in Him, and a new beginning in 2014! I love sharing all of these truths with William!


12 And God said, “This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: 13 I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. 14 Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, 15 I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. 16 Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth.”
17 So God said to Noah, “This is the sign of the covenant I have established between me and all life on the earth.” Genesis 9:12-17

No comments:

Post a Comment