About Me

My photo
NC girl who loves Jesus, Robbie, William, family, friends, Walt Disney World, all things pink, and monogrammed!

Sara & Robbie

Sara & Robbie
Met in a small town. Moved to a big city. Married 6 years. Owe it all to God's grace.

William Carter

William Carter
Born on 9/22/11. Loves his Mama fiercely, babies, Disney, playing his heart out, his friends and family.

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Sweet Potatoes!!!! (and other firsts)

This past Saturday, I feel like William became a big boy 3 different times!!! He did three new things. First, we went to Smart Momma and picked out a convertible carseat. It is a Britax, the same as his infant seat, and we love it! He loves it also, since he has so much more room than he did in his infant seat. And now, Nana can have one of the bases for the infant seat in her car!



Being in a convertible seat means, of course, that you don't take it into the restaurant like we had been doing with his infant seat. So we had to get ready for the highchair! I was a little nervous about trying it because he doesn't sit up completely great on his own yet. But we snapped him in and he was golden! I think he really likes being out of his carseat. He was getting over that anyway. Everytime we were in a restaurant, he would fuss until one of us held him, so it was definitely time. He just looks all around and plays with his toys and slaps the table, haha!



What ya making, Mama?!

2nd night in a highchair - he's a pro!

The big deal that night was the addition of sweet potatoes to his diet!! He has been having cereal once a day at dinner to get him used to the solids, but after a random conversation I had in Target with a stranger about when her baby was fed baby food (I wish the dr would tell you exactly when to do everything; I think I forget he's mine and I can do what I want lol), I decided tonight was the night. Y'all, he LOVES them! It is so funny. I was afraid he wouldn't. We started by mixing a little into his cereal. He quickly ate the cereal and was still making "MMMMM" noises so we started feeding him from the baby food container. He ate the entire thing!!! I was shocked! We have to wait 3-4 days between new foods, so tonight we will be trying peas!! This stage is really fun to me. I love that now he can eat when we eat instead of having to rush home to feed him a bottle. By the time we get home from eating, he is ready for his bottle and bed - perfect!


MMMMMM

What else are y'all keeping from me, Nana?!



Mama, you are moving too slow!

I'll feed myself, ok Mama?


2 comments:

  1. He's so cute! :) It is so much fun (but so messy!!) when they start eating food. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. those pics of him holding the sppon himself makes him look soooooooo grown!

    ReplyDelete