About Me

My photo
NC girl who loves Jesus, Robbie, William, family, friends, Walt Disney World, all things pink, and monogrammed!

Sara & Robbie

Sara & Robbie
Met in a small town. Moved to a big city. Married 6 years. Owe it all to God's grace.

William Carter

William Carter
Born on 9/22/11. Loves his Mama fiercely, babies, Disney, playing his heart out, his friends and family.

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Never Say Never...

Y'all will not believe what we bought! I can't even believe it, really. I keep looking out the window at home and saying, I just can't believe I am seeing a VAN in our driveway!!! Don't get me wrong, growing up, my mom drove a van for years and it was fine, but I definitely didn't think I would be driving one! 

If you know me at all, you know I loved our Tahoe. I have always wanted a Tahoe. I love a big SUV. But lately, the gas was killing us!! And there is no way we could downsize to a car. We have too much stuff when we travel, especially with a baby and a 90 lb dog! Since I am the research queen, I studied SUVs forever trying to see the gas mileage, etc. Any SUV we looked at wasn't going to change our gas price much or our payment, so we finally looked at vans. I knew it was between a Toyota Sienna or Honda Odyssey. We stopped by the Toyota dealer on Friday afternoon and saw this fully loaded Sienna, same year as our Tahoe. It had a great 100k bumper to bumper warranty, and the dealer gives free car washes and oil changes for life. 

Truly, I love it! I never thought I would be driving a van. So sometimes the thought of that is kinda weird. Like, am I old enough for a van?! But really and truly, I LOVE the space. I joked to my mom that we have so much room, I feel like we need to fill it up ;) Don't worry though, that is not in our plans right now!! We definitely didn't lose any space, and our 3rd row seats actually stay in the van instead of like the Tahoe, where most of the time they stayed in the garage. And the van definitely has more toys than the Tahoe had ;) It is so much fun! Ha. 

So, Happy Mother's Day to me, I guess!!! Does anything make you feel more motherly than a van?! :)













5 comments:

  1. Sara I am SHOCKED and impressed!! You loved that Tahoe! But I know the benefits of a van and I'm thrilled you love it!! You crack me up..."Am I old enough for a van." Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was semi wondering if this was going to be a shockingly big announcement, or something that would just be slid into convo. LOL It's REALLY nice! Can we get a ride?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! I love the Toyotas and Hondas and think it would be so nice to have something Avery can climb into easily. When I'm working, I drive 60-70 miles a day, so I know about the gas woes! I need a compact car but just can't do it. Ned wants the Expedition XL next but we'd never leave the garage. Enjoy your fun new ride!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want a Kia Sorento. I refuse to get a van even though I know it will be probably more beneficial for the future!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to say I'm shocked, but I'm not ;) (knew you'd end up with a van!!) Looks SO nice Ni!!! Happy for y'all!!!!

    ReplyDelete