About Me

My photo
NC girl who loves Jesus, Robbie, William, family, friends, Walt Disney World, all things pink, and monogrammed!

Sara & Robbie

Sara & Robbie
Met in a small town. Moved to a big city. Married 6 years. Owe it all to God's grace.

William Carter

William Carter
Born on 9/22/11. Loves his Mama fiercely, babies, Disney, playing his heart out, his friends and family.

Monday, April 1, 2013

Happy Easter!!!

They found the stone rolled away from the tomb, but when they entered, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus.  While they were wondering about this, suddenly two men in clothes that gleamed like lightening stood beside them.  In their fright the women bowed down with their faces to the ground, but the men said to them, "Why do you look for the living among the dead?  He is not here; he has risen!" -Luke 24:2-6
Well, we had a very different Easter than we had originally planned. But that is the thing about plans, they never seem to go off without a hitch!! It all started LAST Saturday night. William was fussy at dinner and I checked his temperature once we got home, and it was 101.5. No big deal, give him some meds, and we'll be good in the morning. Well, the next few days, his temp was up and down non-stop. It was 103.5 on Tuesday, and the doctor wanted us to come in Wednesday. So we did, and were given a diagnosis of Hand, foot, and mouth virus. Yuck!! He had a very mild case and she figured we'd be great after a couple days. Well, Friday, he was STILL out of commission, and his fever reached 104!!! So I called and Dr. Willey wanted him to come in Saturday morning. :( We arrived to find out that his poor throat was WAY worse and he had the beginnings of an ear infection!!! Poor baby! I guess we are so blessed to have gone 18 months without an ear infection OR antibiotic! All this time, he only wanted ME. Which is totally unusual. He cried when I left, and when I was there, he wanted me to hold him the entire time. Bless his heart. We were told he was contagious to other kids through his saliva, so we canceled all of our fun Easter activities :( We were SO disappointed because we were supposed to have pictures with live bunnies that afternoon, and then go to our Sunday school teacher's house for an Easter party/egg hunt. Robbie and I were looking forward to getting to know everyone in our class better, and a chance for William to hunt for eggs and make some friends. :) BUT, we have plenty of egg hunts ahead of us I'm sure, and plenty of opportunities to know everyone better! He was feeling better after his antibiotic on Saturday, so we dressed him in his Easter outfit and went out to dinner, since he wasn't contagious to adults. He finally ate a good dinner for the first time in a week. Village Draft House now has a machine where you can win stuffed toys. Robbie found a dollar in his pocket and won William two cute stuffed animals! Dr. Willey also mentioned that we should give him ice cream, to help his throat. So, we stopped at Goodberry's and he loved it!!

Poor baby relaxing in Mama and Dada's bed!

On the way to the dr. :(

Waiting for the dr

This one cracks me up because it looks like he's fussing at me! LOL

Happy Easter!!

<3

With his winnings!

Ice cream - dr's orders!

Sunday came, and William was still technically contagious, so he skipped out on church and stayed at home with Mama. I went to "big church" by myself. Thanks to Laura and Caleb for sitting with me! :) After church (which was amazing by the way), we headed to D&S Cafeteria for lunch with Mama and Hannah. Stephanie met us there too. The line was around the building. It was insane how packed it was. We waiting in line for 30 minutes! But it was delicious!! William enjoyed some of Hannah's red velvet cake, ha! Robbie had to open, so we waited to do William's basket until after his nap. He loved it! I tend to slowly collect small things and then throw them in. I have recently bought him some clothes and pj's, so I threw them in, along with a new Thomas train, the new Veggie Tales movie, his very first Bible, and a couple of other books. He loved everything. He couldn't stop staring at the pj's since they had Elmo and Mickey on them! We drove to Mama's and we all went to Edwards Mill & Grill for dinner. William's outfit was special because it was our nephew, Jeremiah's 10 years ago! It is such a timeless, sweet outfit!!
Red velvet face!

Easter Bunny goodies!

New Thomas train!

His first Bible!

Obsessed with Mickey and Elmo pj's!

"OOOOOOHHH!!!"

Looking for Ella at Nana's!

"CHEEEEESE"

Sweet boys!

<3
 You have to know that this Easter was very special for me. I don't share TOO many deep things on this blog, but bear with me for a moment. This is my first Easter as a saved Christian. I was raised in a church, and we went every Sunday and I was involved, but I never really "got it" I guess? I never had that important conversation with God where you confess yourself to Him and thank Him and accept Jesus as my Savior. As I get older, and especially since having William, I realize how important that relationship is. So, on February 6, 2013, I was born again! It is so very exciting! I can't explain to you, unless you know what I mean, the contentment and peace that surrounds you. No matter what happens on this Earth, you will live forever!! Do you know how special that is?! If you don't know Christ, or have never taken that leap, please ask me ANY questions!! I know I am new at this, but I would LOVE to talk to you about it and what it has done in our family and my personal life! Robbie and I have a better and stronger marriage because of it! And if you are in Raleigh and looking for a powerful church family, please consider Providence Baptist!!! We LOVE it and there are so many activities for families, children, singles, etc!! 

So, Easter is what my faith is completely centered on. That Jesus is alive!! He is risen, indeed!! Our church had a beautiful message yesterday morning, and it all started with a special baptism of an international student from Asia. She had never heard of God and when she came to America, she had a friend reach out to her, and she is now saved by His amazing grace!!! It is NEVER too late. Everyone is a sinner, but you are washed clean again and again because of Him! 

He died to give us life, and to give us hope, He rose!!



2 comments:

  1. What a great post! So glad you finally shared your story! And you did it so beautifully! So sorry sickness cancelled some of your fun Easter plans, but like you said, many more to come in the future. You're dress is lovely and love the sweet vintage outfit on William!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love this post!!

    Your boldness, faithfulness and excitement for the Lord is SUCH an encouragement to Caleb and me. God is good and He uses us ALL for His glory.

    ReplyDelete