About Me

My photo
NC girl who loves Jesus, Robbie, William, family, friends, Walt Disney World, all things pink, and monogrammed!

Sara & Robbie

Sara & Robbie
Met in a small town. Moved to a big city. Married 6 years. Owe it all to God's grace.

William Carter

William Carter
Born on 9/22/11. Loves his Mama fiercely, babies, Disney, playing his heart out, his friends and family.

Monday, April 22, 2013

Life Extraordinary 2013


This weekend, I had the wonderful opportunity to attend the women's conference, Life Extraordinary, at our church. I had wanted to go as soon as I heard about it, but my mom would be out of town that weekend, and I knew Robbie never could get off, so I didn't have anyone to watch William. I knew my mother in law would love it, so I invited her to go with me! Leroy offered to watch William for us, even if Robbie couldn't get off. Yay!! In a total lucky move, Robbie ended up getting off Saturday and Sunday! So, they all had a guys day!! Anyway, Linda and I had a great day. I was so glad she was able to share it with me!!

For a new believer, it was a wonderful reinforcement of what I already knew. We arrived at church at 8 and had breakfast. After that, we were fortunate enough to have bestselling Christian author, Elizabeth George, there to speak. We also had Heather Payne as our worship leader. She was awesome at getting the crowd going! Elizabeth's talks spoke to me, since she didn't become a Christian herself until she was 28, like me! So she realized she had a lot of making up to do and dove in and it changed her whole marriage and her life as well as her children's. She shared her testimony of being a young mother and wife, and how stressful it is, and how she turned to God after becoming so stressed out - she was at her breaking point! After that, she really focused on how important a relationship with Christ is and how to grow your relationship with Him. She was hilarious, and had the audience laughing most of the time. Her husband, Jim, was there also. They have written many books together as well, and they were all for sale. I bought a few for myself, and Linda got one for William for little boys. We got all of them signed! :)

We chose two breakout sessions from a list of 28. Linda and I both chose different ones. The first one I went to was taught by our senior pastor and his wife. He is so funny!! It was all about Strengthening your Marriage and they gave out a great 10 page handout with all sorts of advice and scripture to reference to back it up. Robbie and I will definitely get good use out of that handout! It was very encouraging, and an hour wasn't long enough to hear all of the tips they have, after 40 years of marriage. I could have stayed in there a couple more hours! Ha!!

After a lunch break of Jason's Deli, we had our second breakout session. I chose The Blessing of Coming Home. It was about leaving the workforce to become a stay at home mom. I'm not really there yet, just wanted to see what advice could be given. It was a little disappointing. I'm not sure what I was expecting, haha! But it was basically things I already knew. But the leader was super nice and it was interesting hearing everyone's story of their kids and jobs.

We had a second session with Elizabeth George after that, and were dismissed at 4 pm. It was a great day!! I told Robbie that I have many things to share with him that I learned. It was just all so interesting and inspiring. In her second half, Elizabeth did talk a lot about finding time for God every day. She said when she doesn't spend time in the morning in His word, she has a more stressful day because she just doesn't have that peace. Even though, she recognized how hard it is sometimes to sit down and devote time to it, since moms constantly have 20 irons in the fire, ha! I think that is something a lot of moms and wives struggle with. Finding time to devote to that, when we have SO many other things to get going at the beginning of the day. I know I struggle - I always think about it, and then get so busy doing other things, that it is nighttime by the time I remember!! So, it was a good message for me to hear!!

It was such a wonderful time! I enjoyed spending the day with Linda and was so happy she was able to come with me! Providence put on a great women's conference and I was so blessed to be able to go. Robbie and I are just so blessed by Providence in general, really. We have met so many great friends already, and feel so connected in our Life class, and know that William has so many opportunities for friendship and worship in his little class!

Centerpieces on each table!
Official name tag!
Elizabeth George speaking

Heather Payne leading us in worship

The stage all lit up!

No comments:

Post a Comment