About Me

My photo
NC girl who loves Jesus, Robbie, William, family, friends, Walt Disney World, all things pink, and monogrammed!

Sara & Robbie

Sara & Robbie
Met in a small town. Moved to a big city. Married 6 years. Owe it all to God's grace.

William Carter

William Carter
Born on 9/22/11. Loves his Mama fiercely, babies, Disney, playing his heart out, his friends and family.

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Where There Is Smoke...

I tell you what, there is always something going on around here. Today, Mama and William were at home, and they came and met me for lunch. They were probably gone from the house for 2-3 hours or so. Well, when they get home, Mama calls me and says, "The house smells funny." We have a gas stove. And I have never had a gas stove, so I am super paranoid of it. Well, the stove was on. One of the burners had been turned just enough for gas to leak out, without it being lit. It leaked for over 2 hours!!! We are so thankful to God that the burner didn't ignite. We probably would not have our house tonight if it had. Mama turned the stove off and opened the doors. Of course I couldn't concentrate on anything at work, from worrying about them ingesting all this carbon monoxide that I figured was floating around our house.

When Robbie got home, he called me and even said the smell was super strong and he'd opened all the windows. Y'all, Robbie is the calm one. He is NEVER on alert, so for him to be nervous, I figured it was for good reason. So I did what any drama queen would do...called the fire department. I felt sooo silly, but I just knew I would feel better. The Cary fire dept was awesome!! They were at our house SO quick. It was a little embarrassing since the gas had been off for 2.5 hours. Of course, it was "quittin' time" so a lot of our neighbors were outside. Our neighbor across the street, Meagan said, "Oh wow, the firetruck is coming down our street". I sheepishly said, "Yeah, to our house" LOL!! She quickly offered to take William to play with Maxx so we could talk to the firemen. Thank you, Meagan!!! :) Riley was having a fit because she was being paid so much attention. Who says firemen only like Dalmatians?! ;) Praise the Lord, there was NO carbon monoxide found in our house! They checked over and over and said we did the right thing by having the house wide open and we just thanked them over and over for their quick reaction and putting our minds at ease.

We had plans for a relaxing evening, but that just wasn't the case. I was afraid to even START the stove, so our plans for eating at home were ruined. We headed to Babies R Us to get safety covers for the knobs. We decided to head over to the food court at Southpoint to eat. And just to prove that every situation has a silver lining, Haagen Dazs was giving away free cones. Score!!! We all enjoyed that treat. Poor William begged to try our Diet Coke at dinner, and got the surprise of his life! See below for the hilarious face, ha! So tonight we go to bed so thankful in a situation that could have been deadly. We are also the new owners of an oven door lock and four awesome knob covers. We really probably could have taken the knobs OFF, with the amount of cooking done around this house. ;)

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us
Ephesians 3:20

Poor Riley, just begging to be talked to!
Diet Coke does NOT have a new fan!

The stove all tricked out with the new accessories

1 comment:

  1. So glad all is well! Firemen are good men ;) We have gas running to all sorts of things around here, and if I think about it long enough I get nervous. I caught a paper towel on fire with our range so don't feel bad. Do you have a carbon monoxide detector? The ones we had at our old house had a number so you could tell if any was present. I miss that on the one through our alarm company.

    ReplyDelete