About Me

My photo
NC girl who loves Jesus, Robbie, William, family, friends, Walt Disney World, all things pink, and monogrammed!

Sara & Robbie

Sara & Robbie
Met in a small town. Moved to a big city. Married 6 years. Owe it all to God's grace.

William Carter

William Carter
Born on 9/22/11. Loves his Mama fiercely, babies, Disney, playing his heart out, his friends and family.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

May

May was a big month!! We had 2 doctor's appointments this month...and the one on May 31st was the highly anticipated anatomy scan!!!

The first appointment was May 2nd (16 weeks) and it was a "boring" one haha. Luckily, a finger prick was all I had to endure; I will take that over the blood draw ANY day of the week! We had no ultrasound this time, only the doppler for the heartbeat. But thank God for that heartbeat!!! At this point, I was still in the fear mode for REAL and to hear that heartbeat gave me maybe one or two days of relief, haha. I had actually lost weight this month, which I thought was crazy since I had been eating ice cream EVERY night - which is not like me, usually I don't even like ice cream! Weird.

As far as symptoms, I have been so lucky and haven't had many. I wasn't very tired in the 1st trimester, only got sick maybe 3 times, and really didn't notice too much of a difference. I definitely realize how lucky I am!

May 5th was a big day for me as I finally got my hair done! I was so paranoid about the dye and waited until the 1st trimester was WAY over so I had about 3 inch roots of DARK hair with my blonde, haha!! Everyone in my life was way excited for me because it looked awful.

May 31st was the BIG day!!!! My appointment wasn't until 3:40 (Are you kidding me?!) I went and did all my labwork (easy stuff) and everything was great again, thank goodness. So Robbie and I are in the waiting room....and I see this lady come out of the ultrasound room and my heart SUNK. It wasn't the usual lady, who I LOVE. Seriously, if she could deliver my baby, I would be content. For real. So then I heard the lady at the front desk say the usual lady was on vacation. OMG. I almost rescheduled. Not to mention, we were in the waiting room until after 5 waiting for our ultrasound. So, we go into the room and she gets started...and thank goodness, there is a baby in there. I am always relieved. Ask Robbie how annoying it is lol. She asks us what we think "it" is, and we say boy....and then.....we find out.......we are right!!!!!!!! It's a BOY!!!!!! We were so excited!! As long as it is healthy, it really shouldn't matter what it is! I was used to all girls though haha since I don't have any brothers, and Robbie was pulling for a girl since his family is all boys. But we are thrilled! It was definitely God's way of letting me know that I am NOT in control of everything hahaha. The tech wasn't as talkative as the usual tech and that was disappointing since Robbie and I knew nothing about ultrasounds, haha! She couldn't get a good pic of the spine or face (anterior placenta ruins it everytime!). So we meet with the doctor and he said everything looked great and we will schedule and ultrasound for our next appt to get a better pic of the spine and face. He looked right at me and said "Do not worry, this is nothing to worry about and very common". But of course as soon as we got in the car I am stressed!!! 4 more weeks of waiting?! Robbie says I am the only person who worries when the doctor says right to me to NOT worry. I can't help it!!!

So, after the big reveal, we had to get started on a name!! We knew we wanted to do the middle name as my dad's name (Carter) but could not decide on a first name!! We finally decided on William Carter. I am so excited about it! I think it is such a sweet and traditional name. We have already been getting things monogrammed!

Sweet bedding thanks to my dad!

18 weeks!

Damage after I hit the Carter's, Polo and Patsy Aiken outlets!

Continued...


20 weeks!


Love these!




No comments:

Post a Comment