About Me

My photo
NC girl who loves Jesus, Robbie, William, family, friends, Walt Disney World, all things pink, and monogrammed!

Sara & Robbie

Sara & Robbie
Met in a small town. Moved to a big city. Married 6 years. Owe it all to God's grace.

William Carter

William Carter
Born on 9/22/11. Loves his Mama fiercely, babies, Disney, playing his heart out, his friends and family.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Surprise!

**These next few posts may be pretty boring to everyone, but time has truly escaped me again and I need to do some catch up for my own memories.**

Robbie and I decided at the end of October it was time to start a family...we were more than a little surprised that it happened so fast!!!

February 4th, everyone was bugging me to take a test because of some feelings I was having. But, I thought it was a waste of time since I had JUST been to the doctor the week before!! So imagine my surprise when, at 11pm, home by myself...I "think" I see two lines!! I called Robbie at work (lame, I know but I couldn't keep it in)...and said, "Umm I think this test may be saying positive but I'm not sure". He's like HUH?!?! He tried to be sweet and say "oh i'll pick up some more on the way home tonight"....ugh sorry I couldn't wait TWO MORE HOURS!!!! So I ran out by myself to WalMart to get some more haha. And 6 tests later, I was shaking!!

We were both so excited, but so nervous!!! The next night was my friend Kristin's bachelorette party and how awkard.......I had to keep it a secret of course because it was SO NEW and couldn't have anything to drink, which looked obvious probably but oh well.

Our first doctor appointment was scheduled for February 17th! What a long wait!!! That morning, I was sooo nervous. I have never been afraid of the dr before, so that must come with the territory of pregnancy ;) And THIS is what has made me nervous ever since - they drew my blood that day...and about 3 seconds after she took the needle out, I passed out! First time EVER in my life. I have never had good veins, they are way down deep, but to PASS OUT?! Ugh. So embarrassing. So they went to get Robbie and he said I was white as a ghost and looked petrified! We then saw the doctor briefly, who did a quick ultrasound and couldn't really get a good pic of the baby...which had us all worried. So we rescheduled to come back on that Monday to have a "big ultrasound". Talk about a stressful weekend!!! Luckily, Monday afternoon, everything looked great and we were 6 weeks along!! So I still had 6 more weeks of keeping this a secret...hmmm....



Baby's first picture at 6 weeks!

My sweet in-laws sent me these flowers when they heard the news!!

No comments:

Post a Comment