About Me

My photo
NC girl who loves Jesus, Robbie, William, family, friends, Walt Disney World, all things pink, and monogrammed!

Sara & Robbie

Sara & Robbie
Met in a small town. Moved to a big city. Married 6 years. Owe it all to God's grace.

William Carter

William Carter
Born on 9/22/11. Loves his Mama fiercely, babies, Disney, playing his heart out, his friends and family.

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Getting Crafty!

Let me just preface this post with....I am NOT crafty!!! I do not have a creative/artistic bone in my BODY! However, I love all of the fun little crafts on Pinterest, and with William being little and willing to do them with me, I am giving craftiness a whirl!

The first project we attempted is a Halloween scene...spider and spiderwebs. I cannot even believe I am posting this picture on the internet for people to see. I guess no one has to know how many hours I spent in Michael's staring at paints before deciding which kind to get. I came home from work that day so excited to get started! While William had his snack, I painted the canvas orange. A few minutes later, I looked down and realized a drop of water had gotten on it! So dummy me, blots the water off. WELL, we had washable paint. So that left us with a white dot on the canvas. Wow. This is exactly why I hate crafts. So, I found a dark yellowish/orange and tried to cover the white spot with that. Did I mention I used up ALL the orange painting the canvas?! Ugh. The next day, I put some black paint on William's hand to make the spider. Well, of course he doesn't understand and kept balling his hand up and squishing the paint around, so that there was hardly any paint left except on his palm!! The worst part are the spiderwebs. Apparently, I just can't draw them. Whatever. ;) However, we do have the memory of his sweet hand print  and now that I have written this, the memory of the experience! We have the canvas proudly displayed on the kitchen counter.


Flash forward a week: I wanted us to paint our pumpkins that we got at the farm when we went. Monday was a rainy, yucky day. We brought in William's little picnic table and covered the floor and the table with towels, and got to work. He wasn't interested in using the paintbrushes so much, but finger painting. He had fun, even though I was nervous about making a mess. His finished creation is on the kitchen bar! Here's to getting craftier!!










No comments:

Post a Comment