About Me

My photo
NC girl who loves Jesus, Robbie, William, family, friends, Walt Disney World, all things pink, and monogrammed!

Sara & Robbie

Sara & Robbie
Met in a small town. Moved to a big city. Married 6 years. Owe it all to God's grace.

William Carter

William Carter
Born on 9/22/11. Loves his Mama fiercely, babies, Disney, playing his heart out, his friends and family.

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve this year was really special to me. Robbie was off all day with us (first time ever!), and we just spent the day as a family playing, and putting together Santa gifts when William was sleeping. ;) 

For the first time in a longggg time, we went to church on Christmas Eve. Shameful, I know. This year was SO special though. Providence really likes to encourage children to come into church services. While this would give me the willies on a Sunday morning, I wasn't too stressed about this service. I knew EVERYONE would have their kids, haha! Safety in numbers, right? He actually did really well! We sat beside Laura, Caleb, and their girls, so of course William was dying to play! The service was wonderful. Lots of Scripture reading about Jesus' birth, and lots of well-known carols. The tradition at Providence is to have warm apple cider and cinnamon buns on Christmas Eve. William loved both, ha!  I teared up at "Away in a Manger", because all of the children sang it. It was SO sweet, and I can't wait for William to join in one day! I am so glad that we got to attend as a family (Hannah and Nana went too!), and just revel in celebrating the birth of our Savior, Jesus!!!








After church, we had a quick dinner and then Robbie and I got to work! William and I had planned on making cookies, but we got home so late, that I just decided to cheat and use the Whole Foods cookies we already had. Worked out great!! Robbie started on putting together the train table, and I opened and set out all of the small gifts. I was so excited to see William's face the next morning when he saw his goodies!!







No comments:

Post a Comment