About Me

My photo
NC girl who loves Jesus, Robbie, William, family, friends, Walt Disney World, all things pink, and monogrammed!

Sara & Robbie

Sara & Robbie
Met in a small town. Moved to a big city. Married 6 years. Owe it all to God's grace.

William Carter

William Carter
Born on 9/22/11. Loves his Mama fiercely, babies, Disney, playing his heart out, his friends and family.

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Feeling Grinch-y

I guess y'all need to know. I really don't cook, though I have more lately, and I certainly don't bake! Any time we have cookies, Robbie makes them. He is awesome at it haha. SO last night, I wanted to make these Grinch cookies that I found on Pinterest. You make them from a box cake mix and roll them in powdered sugar. They are flavored with peppermint, too, so they sounded great! Anyway, I had a great little helper in William. He helped me mix up the batter and turn it green! ;) The cookies went in the oven, and the oven started smoking!!! I guess wax paper isn't supposed to go in the oven?! LOL. The recipe called for parchment paper, but I only saw wax paper, so I guess that was a bad idea. Anyway, luckily they only had to cook for 8 minutes, but that was long enough for our entire downstairs to be engulfed with smoke. After all that, we couldn't salvage all of the cookies of course, but the ones that did make it, are totally yummy! Soft, minty, BUT they won't be making an appearance at our Ornament Exchange party - which was to be their destination. Store-bought cupcakes it is!! Robbie remains the pastry chef in our household!!!

Ingredients all set up
Powdered sugar ready!
William is ready to help!
He kept saying, Ooooh! Ooooh! as it turned green!
Perfect!
Finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment