About Me

My photo
NC girl who loves Jesus, Robbie, William, family, friends, Walt Disney World, all things pink, and monogrammed!

Sara & Robbie

Sara & Robbie
Met in a small town. Moved to a big city. Married 6 years. Owe it all to God's grace.

William Carter

William Carter
Born on 9/22/11. Loves his Mama fiercely, babies, Disney, playing his heart out, his friends and family.

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Come Running

Oh my. Y'all. I was reading The Good Life Blog today and saw something that brought tears to my eyes! She shared a quote from another blog that is just so sweet to me.

9/22/11

I can remember when I was pregnant, I didn't really have the dramatic Hallmark moments of thinking about my baby ever second, etc. Even when I first brought him home, I was SO afraid and exhausted, that I couldn't even enjoy him. (Isn't that awful?!)

One week old!

6 months old!
9 months old!
12 months old!
Anyway, in almost two years of being that sweet boy's mama, I am soooo infatuated with him. There is NO way anyone loves him more. I am so honored and privileged to be his mama. He is such a perfect little being in such an imperfect world. I hope he shares all of his hopes and dreams with me, and Robbie and I can help him in any way that we can to help him achieve them. I hope he knows he can tell me ANYthing. I am his biggest fan.

19 months old!

I hope he knows that I will ALWAYS come running!!! Even on those tough "terrible twos" days, I know I have done something right when I put him to bed and ask him to "give me a squeeze". And his sweet little arms wrap around mine and he squeezes so hard and then leans in for his kiss. All of the frustrating moments and moments where you feel like you have failed, don't even matter, as long as you always remember to come running!!!

3 comments:

  1. Good post and sweet poem! Those first few days, weeks and months are tough! I remember not remembering and sometimes not enjoying. But you're right... even in those difficult times (last night in our house) I went running (literally) and the first thing I did when I walked in the house was run straight to his room to check on him. He wasn't asleep yet and even after our rough evening, he still greeted me with a big ole sleepy smile and said Night Night. I melted...and not just from my running sweat! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed this tonight! Just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had so many fails this week. So glad your posted this.

    ReplyDelete