About Me

My photo
NC girl who loves Jesus, Robbie, William, family, friends, Walt Disney World, all things pink, and monogrammed!

Sara & Robbie

Sara & Robbie
Met in a small town. Moved to a big city. Married 6 years. Owe it all to God's grace.

William Carter

William Carter
Born on 9/22/11. Loves his Mama fiercely, babies, Disney, playing his heart out, his friends and family.

Friday, July 12, 2013

Four Years!




Yesterday, Robbie and I celebrated our fourth anniversary. There is just so much I could say about four years. It doesn't sound like a long time, but I think Robbie and I know we are in it for the long haul. 
To say our marriage has been easy would be a lie. We have had our downs like anyone else. But we have also had so many ups. This past year has been the toughest, but it has also made us realize how much we do love each other and how much our marriage is worth it all. We are so thankful for God's grace, which allows us to mess up and then bring it all together again, even stronger than before. 

A song recently came out, by a Christian artist Chris August, called Restore. It is basically our anthem. It describes exactly how we felt in the beginning, how happy we were. Then, when reality sets in and life gets hard, and you consider giving up and cashing it all in. And THEN, when you wake up with a start, and realize how much you mean to each other, and how much you NEED the Lord in your marriage. I could totally tell you all about how much He has made a difference in our marriage. I could write a book about it. I am totally not knocking anyone my age who has been through a divorce, but it does seem like society these days is all about the "easy route" and giving up. I can promise you that Robbie and I have fought for our marriage harder than we have fought for anything; and especially these past 7 months. We are the happiest we have ever been, and every time I hear this song, I can't help but smile. Here's to 70 more years, babe!!



Nobody's growing old together, we've made it easy just to quit
Love has become a negative percentage, why do we bother to commit
We've got a long list of excuses, ways we try to justify
Well, I propose to you the truth is, marriage does not have to die

[Chorus:]
I know you're feeling like it’s falling apart and it can't go on anymore
But God is a God who knows how to heal so just give it up to the Lord
And He will restore

He said with this ring I promise, and with I do she said forever
But right now if they're being honest they don't know if they'll stay together
Let's fast forward to the future after struggling on their own
They finally figured out they needed Jesus in the middle
Now I'm watching God rebuild their home

[Chorus]

The enemy tries to come and divide
Trying to get us to give up the fight
But darkness will always lose out to light
'Cause we've got the power of Christ on our side

I see you growing old together
I pray I find a love like yours

So if you're feeling like it’s falling apart and it can't go on anymore
God is a God who knows how to heal so just give it up to the Lord
And He will restore

Like it was before
You may have strayed off course
But He will restore


July 11, 2009

We both took the day off work and enjoyed each other. William spent the day and night with my mom, so we had a nice break! We went to see the "The Heat" that afternoon. It was HILARIOUS. I laughed the entire time. It may not be for you if you hate strong language, but I died the whole time at the plot. We enjoyed a delicious, slow meal at The Angus Barn. As much as we LOVE William, it was so nice to have a meal without cutting anything up, or juggling toys to keep him quiet. :) We came home and just relaxed and watched TV. It was a great day, and we really got to reflect on the past four years and really realize how much better we are and truly happy!!
Sweet boy telling us goodbye!
At the movies!
Ready for Angus!
<3
Pound cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment