About Me

My photo
NC girl who loves Jesus, Robbie, William, family, friends, Walt Disney World, all things pink, and monogrammed!

Sara & Robbie

Sara & Robbie
Met in a small town. Moved to a big city. Married 6 years. Owe it all to God's grace.

William Carter

William Carter
Born on 9/22/11. Loves his Mama fiercely, babies, Disney, playing his heart out, his friends and family.

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Can You Tell Me How To Get To...William's 2nd Birthday Party?!

Sunday, September 29th we had William's 2nd Birthday Party!! Yes, it was the same day as his dedication. Yes, it was a little hairy having both events on the same day. However, when your husband is a restaurant manager, you find ways to make things work so that he can actually BE at the important events. ;)

Forgive the crooked invitation below, but I wanted a copy for my records on here. If I can ever figure out how to turn it on Blogger, I will. We had his party at The Little Gym in Cary. It started at 1:45, and I think we showed up at 1:35. It honestly was the easiest party ever, and worth every penny! TLG handles all of it! We brought our own supplies, and I dropped everything off on the Friday before the party. When we got there, they had the tables set up with table covers, plates, napkins, cups, centerpieces, balloons, etc. So awesome! The kids spent an hour in the gym with two instructors. They did not stop the entire hour!! William had a total blast. He loved having all of his friends there! I wish we could have invited EVERYONE we know!!! We had a great mix - old friends of mine, new friends from church, neighbors, family, co-workers, and friends I literally "met" blogging. Who would have thought a few years ago when I first started reading their blogs, that their kids would by at MY kid's party?! So crazy!!! And special!

They played with the big parachute, sang Happy Birthday to William twice (his fave), played on an inflatable bounce thing haha, with balls and bubbles, and then just had free play to run and go crazy in the gym. After the gym, it was cake time! I decided to just do cupcakes this year - many thanks to Hannah and Pam for setting them up for me when we first got there! ;) William had a giant Elmo cupcake. He was obsessed. He just ate all of the icing off and left the cake, ha! He is a mess.

Anyway, we had a great party! To be honest, it was a lot less stressful than last year. I didn't decorate at all besides a Sesame Street banner I found online and some balloons! All of the paper items - invites, cupcake toppers, thank you cards, I ordered from our same lady as last year from Top That Designs on Etsy. She was super sweet and easy to work with. My mother in law and I bought the cake stands, and then glued ribbon around the edges to make them match the party! (This was big for me haha - I am not a DIYer). I found the favor bags at Kroger randomly one day. I LOVED some that were handmade on Etsy, but they were $2 a bag!!! And for something that goes in the trash! I don't think so! These did the trick! Inside the bags, we put SS bubbles, a SS book, SS stickers, and a SS party blowout. Thank you to all of the people who took pictures and sent them to me! The pictures on here are a mix of a bunch of people - some were my own, some were taken by my friend Megan, some by my mother in law, and a lot from my good friend, Jennifer with Martinez Photography! All in all, it was such an easy and stress-free party! I would totally recommend The Little Gym to anyone having a birthday party! We literally walked out of the party with our guests; no cleanup or anything! So nice!!!

Thank you to everyone who made it out for our sweet boy's celebration. He had an awesome time, and Robbie and I loved catching up with the adults, too! ;) We look forward to the blessings in store for this next year!!!




So cute! All set up by TLG!





The pictures of the gym time are all out of order. I just can't bring myself to re-organize them, ha!










William just giggled and screamed the whole time!!
Looks like Robbie enjoyed it too! ;)

























<3
So blessed! Laura, Ashley, Ashley, me, and Megan. Anddd sweet Claire!
<3 Coworkers Lisa and Tanya and their girls, Titi and Chiara! Love them!














Birthday boy's cupcake!




 






  





Cousins!







I'm sure the cleanup crew LOVED the frosting handprints :/


Squeezing Molly before she left! <3
The Browns! Plus Hannah! :)
After-party - trying on our hats!
And running around with party balloons!


Reading a bedtime story! A new book from The Butchers, while holding some new toys :)



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for inviting us to his birthday! We had such a fun time!

    ReplyDelete