About Me

My photo
NC girl who loves Jesus, Robbie, William, family, friends, Walt Disney World, all things pink, and monogrammed!

Sara & Robbie

Sara & Robbie
Met in a small town. Moved to a big city. Married 6 years. Owe it all to God's grace.

William Carter

William Carter
Born on 9/22/11. Loves his Mama fiercely, babies, Disney, playing his heart out, his friends and family.

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Fall Festival!




 This past Saturday, our church had its annual Fall Festival! We had never been, but everyone I know raves about it, so we were really excited! William is dressing up as Buzz Lightyear for Halloween this year, so he was excited to get another chance to wear his costume! If you ask him what Buzz says, he says "infiniy anddd beyonnn!" It is adorable. I have got to catch it on video.

Anyway, I was serving on the hospitality team, so I had to be at church a little bit before it started. William and Mama napped in the car and then came in when everyone started arriving. We had such a ball! He played games, got his hand painted, went in a bounce house, we went down a huge slide (more on that later), rode a pony, and went on a hayride! We were so excited that Courtney and Davis joined us! William and Davis had fun running after each other, and it was so nice to catch up with Courtney!! We ran into so many of our church friends, and just had a blast. Two hours flew by, and we left exhausted! Thank you, Providence, for such a fun evening that obviously took so much work to bring to fruition! It was awesome!!!

Grumpy little Buzz!

Bless my heart, I was trying so hard to get a pic on this cute setup!

Love this sweet baby!
So happy to see Grace Elizabeth, Eleanor, and Lucy!!!
Bounce House fun! This was his first time in one and he was a little unsure of what to do! Ha!
He kept saying, "Help, mama!" I am not getting in there, sweetie!




Davis gets in on the fun!







Ok, the slide. Oh my. I still am shocked I went down this. So...a little bit of backstory - I don't like heights. LOL. Not to mention, inflatables period freak me out. However, Robbie was at work, and William is obsessed with slides. Soo, I took one for the team and decided I was going to give it a whirl. We waited in a looong line, and then started climbing the "steps" to the top. That took forever, because William was slow - which was actually a relief ha! We got to the top, and the guy at the bottom said that William had to go down by himself. I was not prepared for that! But I let him go. It was scary! He flipped over about halfway through, and looked up at me like, "what did you doooo" haha! My mom was at the bottom screaming, and Courtney was taking pictures, probably laughing. He made it fine, and then it was my turn. I let go somehow and came flying down! I wondered briefly if I was going to be able to stop myself at the bottom. Thankfully, I stopped. Shew! Anyway, I told William the slide was a one-time deal haha! I think it might have traumatized him a little, because he never asked to get back on it!! I have included all of the pictures because they are just too funny to leave out. And if you are truly lucky and can zoom in, then you will be laughing also!











Waiting in a longggg line for a pony ride!
Oh my gosh. Davis kills me in this pic. He kept putting his hands behind his back like a little man. It was so precious!
"Look, Davis!"

Eleanor riding the pony!
And Grace Elizabeth!


Ready to ride!
He and Davis rode at the same time! So fun!



Hayride!



A little time for games!

Pinning the tail on the donkey!

Look at William cheating!
Getting a hand tattoo!

A frog! Yuck!!! ;)
Saying goodbye!

4 comments:

  1. We had so much fun!! Thanks so much for the invite! Davis was slap worn out that night after all the fun. And those slide pictures are priceless. Your facial expressions as you went down were too funny! Next year we'll come prepared with a costume. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thibault was thrilled to meet the real Buzz at the festival. After we said hi he still kept pointing y'all out every time he saw you! Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your slide commentary! I so get it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fall Festival is our favorite thing all year. For Leiana, I'm pretty sure it trumps birthday AND Christmas! (I think it's because of the getting to dress up and go outside). LOL We get in the car to go home and she starts outlining her costume for next year. I love it, because while Halloween was never my favorite holiday growing up, it's fun to get to see it through HER eyes, and I'm warming up to the holiday (at least, the way Providence does it!!!)

    The first time I went down the slide with Nathalie they didn't tell me she had to go by herself... so that sort of surprised me the second time, I was thinking, "Um... my tiny baby has to go down ALONE?" of course, SHE thought it was FANTASTIC. :)

    ReplyDelete