About Me

My photo
NC girl who loves Jesus, Robbie, William, family, friends, Walt Disney World, all things pink, and monogrammed!

Sara & Robbie

Sara & Robbie
Met in a small town. Moved to a big city. Married 6 years. Owe it all to God's grace.

William Carter

William Carter
Born on 9/22/11. Loves his Mama fiercely, babies, Disney, playing his heart out, his friends and family.

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

The Lion's Den

This year, I have the privilege of being a part of LAMBS at church (a Bible study for women). I have been SO blessed so far by the ladies in my small group, as well as our Senior Pastor's wife, Cathy, who does the big group lectures. It is just a sweet, sweet time of fellowship and digging into The Word, and I am sooo thankful that I am able to attend! As a new believer, I am loving the opportunity to make friends with such sweet, Godly women!

This past week, we were studying Daniel. I think everyone, Christian or not, has heard the story of Daniel in the lion's den. He is placed in there as punishment for praying to his Lord, and not idolizing the King. Even through this, Daniel was so confident in God. The next morning, Daniel was found in the den, unharmed by the lions. Daniel's response? "My God sent his angel, and he shut the mouths of the lions. They have not hurt me, because I was found innocent in his sight. Nor have I ever done any wrong before you, Your Majesty.” (Daniel 6:22) As a result of Daniel's unwavering faith in God, his God had saved him!! Can any of us say that we would be willing to go to our death, all believing this was part of God's plan, and that he would save us?! Without a fight? I think that would be hard to do! Daniel was just so faithful!

Fortunately, in our times, we are probably not under the threat of being put in a literal lion's den. However, many things can be considered a lion's den. 1 Peter 5:8-9 reminds us: "Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings."  Up until a few months ago, I felt like I was walking into a lion's den every time I had to go somewhere by myself (a large crowd situation). That doesn't bother me quite as much anymore, but there are other lion's dens. Some can be huge (Cancer, divorce, death, etc), or small (putting your 2 year old to bed and listening to him cry for 3 hours before falling asleep, but I digress). Through all of these lion dens, we have to trust in our almighty Protector. Do you know how special you are to Him?? He sent His own Son to die for us, and loves us as much as he loves his Son! Even "the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows." (Luke 12:7) 

Put your faith in God, and do not give up on Him. He never gives up on us!! He will bring us out of the lion's den!!! His Word is always true - "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11)




1 comment:

  1. This was lovely written, and it is inspiring...you make me want to be a better Christian..

    ReplyDelete