About Me

My photo
NC girl who loves Jesus, Robbie, William, family, friends, Walt Disney World, all things pink, and monogrammed!

Sara & Robbie

Sara & Robbie
Met in a small town. Moved to a big city. Married 6 years. Owe it all to God's grace.

William Carter

William Carter
Born on 9/22/11. Loves his Mama fiercely, babies, Disney, playing his heart out, his friends and family.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Dining Room Redo!

Ever since we moved into our house almost 2 years ago, I have wanted to do something different with our dining room! Our main floor is one huge room with the dining room, kitchen, and living room all together. So it drove me crazy a little that with my table that I'd had for years wasn't really cutting it anymore as an adult "dining room".


I am a little obsessed with formal dining rooms. I LOVE them. Even if I never cook a meal large enough to have seating for 12, I want it. (And I'm sure I won't be doing that, BTW). I want a big old timey set with the sideboards and buffets and grand china cabinet.
But not in this house!! So, I remembered that my grandparents had a gorgeous set that would work perfect in the space because the table had leaves to make it larger, and a corner china cabinet! My dad and uncle finally got it all set up for me for it to be delivered to Raleigh! I was so excited!!! I think it looks great in the space! The china cabinet is the perfect size without overwhelming the room.


We had also been looking for curtains for the huge dining room window. Stephanie came to us and offered to have a custom cornice with our monogram done. I was so excited!!!! That is exactly what I had wanted! She knew a lady who does them and actually just did hers, so it worked out great! I LOVE IT!!! I think it looks so great and just completely changes the room. We also had the cushions recovered with the same fabric since they were an outdated white print.


Sorry for the terrible lighting...I keep forgetting to take a pic at night! 
Close up
Ugh, ignore the random baby gear!
View of the whole area. Please ignore the crooked rug (Riley just had a run-through, and the jacket on the chair (robbie) :)
We also were given a gorgeous piece my grandmother used in her dining room for storage. We didn't have enough room downstairs with all of William's paraphernalia, so we put it at the top of the stairs for extra storage up there and covered it with picture frames. I love it!


2 comments:

  1. Your dining room is beautiful! I LOVE the yellow fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!!! I can not wait to see it in person! And we will have to actually eat at your tabble instead of going out!!!!

    ReplyDelete