About Me

My photo
NC girl who loves Jesus, Robbie, William, family, friends, Walt Disney World, all things pink, and monogrammed!

Sara & Robbie

Sara & Robbie
Met in a small town. Moved to a big city. Married 6 years. Owe it all to God's grace.

William Carter

William Carter
Born on 9/22/11. Loves his Mama fiercely, babies, Disney, playing his heart out, his friends and family.

Thursday, February 9, 2012

One Thing I've Learned...

I found out this week that an old friend from very early in my childhood lost his brother to cancer. It literally has made me sick all week. Besides being a son and brother, he was a father. And a husband. I just cannot imagine the pain his wife and children are going through. His babies were young, too. How heartbreaking it must be to answer their questions and deal with your own grief, while at the same time having to be so strong for them. I say it over and over, but I just cannot imagine. And I truly pray I never have to. You just can't help but wonder "why?!?!". Why would this young father and husband be taken?!

I will never forget another good friend of mine who lost her husband when we were working at IBM together. He lost his battle with cancer just a few short months after being diagnosed. I just remember hearing every story and reading his Care Page and just praying that some miracle would happen. I guess God does always have a plan, though, because she is happily remarried and I could NOT be happier for her. Does it make me wonder why her first husband had to die, even though she is happy now?! Of course!

If you know me, you know I don't typically talk about religious things.I just keep it to myself, and feel it is sort of a private thing. Doesn't bother me when other people do it, it's just not me. I send up little prayers all throughout the day for various things. With that being said, I am a very private pray-er (if that's a word lol). I don't even like to do them outloud when I'm by myself in the car or with Robbie. I'm not sure why that is. But I know since I have had William, praying and being thankful is definitely becoming more important. I want nothing more than to raise him in a solid, Christian home, with his mama and daddy, loving Jesus and knowing that he is so loved. That is the promise that Robbie and I made to each other, even before having a baby. He will always have that loving home with two parents. Every single night, I stand over William's crib after he is asleep thank God for him and pray that he will be protected and know how much he is loved; also, asking forgiveness for all of the times I may grow frustrated with him after a long day!

I guess the entire point of this brain dump was just to say...please cherish your time with your loved ones! I know it sounds cliche and dramatic, but life is truly so short! I read so many blogs that post about losing their children or husband, and it just sticks with me. It seems like every day I am hearing about someone else who was taken too young. So please, grab all of your loved ones and drop petty fights and tell them you love them every chance you get! You just never know.




6 comments:

  1. NI! I LOVE this post! Perfect!!! Couldn't agree more with everything you said!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me tear up! It's so true. Love yall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW...this is so true!! Life/Love is so precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post and reminders for us all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sara, you made me cry! How true and beautiful all at the same time! As a mom I can remember those same prayers every night over my two and still to this day those same prayers for them with a little extra added. That is one thing in life that will never change and you were 100% right let your family and friends know that you love them. Life is to short.

    ReplyDelete