About Me

My photo
NC girl who loves Jesus, Robbie, William, family, friends, Walt Disney World, all things pink, and monogrammed!

Sara & Robbie

Sara & Robbie
Met in a small town. Moved to a big city. Married 6 years. Owe it all to God's grace.

William Carter

William Carter
Born on 9/22/11. Loves his Mama fiercely, babies, Disney, playing his heart out, his friends and family.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Story of Us...


1. How long have you and your significant other been together?
We started dating in December 2004, so we’ve been together for seven years. It definitely feels like we’ve been together for so much longer. I can’t imagine my life without him.
 May 2006
2. How did you meet? {What’s your “love” story?}
I was introduced to him long before we actually got together by my dad on a random Saturday that I rode with him to the warehouse. But when I started working for my dad after I graduated high school, I really became interested. I only worked in the summers and on breaks from college, but he was always there! So, I told my BFF Shelley that I had a crush on this guy named Robbie at Jennette's. Of course, not thinking she would ever tell him! Well, a few months later, I was a good friend and got her a job there....where she proceeded to tell Robbie that I liked him!!!! I died! I was so embarrassed, but when he came to me soon after that and asked me out, I was so excited and not mad anymore! ;)
May 2006

3. If married, how long have you been married?
We got married on July 11, 2009. SO, 2.5 years!
July 11, 2009





4. If you are married, where did you get married? Big or small wedding?
We were married in the same church that my grandparents attended and aunt/uncle and parents were married in, Powells Point Christian Church, with a reception at the beautiful Duck Woods Country Club. It was an absolutely perfect day, perfect weather, etc! It was fairly large, I had 11 bridesmaids and around 200 people attended.



July 11, 2009
5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!
BABE! LOL. My nickname should be Queenie (hmpf!)

November 2011
6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
We love to do the same things!
He is so agreeable and spoils me rotten!
He is just a wonderful hubby and an ever better daddy. William and I are so lucky!


September 2011

7. Tell us how he proposed?
I knew he had my ring! And I am the hardest person to surprise. Some people say it's because I'm nosy, I say it has to do with my smarts ;) Whatever. So, on October 16, 2007, we went to the State Fair with Ashley, Willie, and Amy to the Kellie Pickler concert. After that, we got something to eat and were watching the fireworks when I looked down and Robbie was on one knee, proposing in front of all of those people and with fireworks exploding in the background! I was shocked because he is so shy! I was so excited! He truly got me!!!

After the fact, I started thinking about where our {uninsured} ring had been all day at the fair. Oh, you know, just hanging out in his pocket with all of our cash that was constantly being pulled out. Thank goodness it didn't fall out!!!!
October 16, 2007

8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?
Hmm...I don't think either of those really. I am not a big flowers person, I would rather have jewelry!!! This year, we are just going to a nice dinner at Angus Barn and getting each other cards. Our little Valentine is getting all of the gifts ;) But usually, he is very good to me!!! All year round!


Valentine's 2010
9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
I love the beach, but I am definitely a movie on the couch girl! Robbie has an extensive DVD/Blu Ray collection, and we are members of Netflix, so there is always something to watch!!!


January 2011

10. Tell us one thing you’d like to do with your significant other one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?
Hmm, this is a hard one. I would like to go mannnyyyy places with him!! I cannot WAIT to take William to Disney World. Robbie is definitely more into traveling than I am, he can think of about five places at any given time he'd like to go. I have never been to NYC...so let's start there!!


Honeymooning in Mexico - July 2009
11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine’s Day.
We are actually going to be at home tonight, enjoying each other and William! One night this week or next we will go out and celebrate by ourselves :)

Engagement pics - August 2008

12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine’s day?
I told him, no gifts this year!!! I think he is a little shocked. So hopefully we will have a good comeback for each other for our anniversary!


NY - January 2009

13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.
Wow, what a loaded question. I find it a little difficult to answer, seeing as how I am a rookie at this marriage thing ;) BUT, I do believe enjoying each other's company and doing things together make a big difference. Also, the most important thing probably, is COMMUNICATION. I don't think there is anyone that I know that ever wonders what I am thinking...I pretty much tell you. While this is important in other relationships, it is especially important in a marriage!


Robbie's first Angus Barn trip - October 2006

14. Show us a picture of what love means to you.
William's Newborn Pics September 2011

2 comments:

  1. That is sooo sweet!! I am Happy that you have found someone to complete you the way that Robbie does!! You are very lucky! Happy Valentines 2012!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE the picture of your little family!

    ReplyDelete