About Me

My photo
NC girl who loves Jesus, Robbie, William, family, friends, Walt Disney World, all things pink, and monogrammed!

Sara & Robbie

Sara & Robbie
Met in a small town. Moved to a big city. Married 6 years. Owe it all to God's grace.

William Carter

William Carter
Born on 9/22/11. Loves his Mama fiercely, babies, Disney, playing his heart out, his friends and family.

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

First Movie Theater Experience!

This weekend, Robbie and I lost our minds decided to take William to the movie theater for the first time on Saturday. Our movie trips have been very few since he entered our lives, and anyone who knows Robbie, knows that going to a movie is his love language!! Soooo, we figured that if we can get William into watching them, then that is one more thing we can enjoy together! We bought Monsters Inc a couple weeks ago on DVD (after I kept SWEARING to Robbie that we already had it...(we did...but on VHS LOL)). Anyway, inside of it was a code for Disney Movie Rewards. I had already signed up for DMR a while back, so I went online and entered the code, and our reward was a free ticket to Monsters University!!! I was SO excited. I LOVE Monsters Inc and of course wanted to see Monsters U.

Anyway, Saturday we packed up and went. William has been great at live shows (the circus, Disney, Sesame Street Live), but I really wasn't sure how he would do. But he did enjoy Monsters Inc and saw lots of Mike and Sully at Disney, so he definitely knew who they were. His kids meal at Subway one night came with this cute little MU bookbag, so he carried his snacks in that. I found this super cute tee at Target with Mike on one side, and Sully on the other, ha! We had the sweetest person at the ticket counter, and she actually gave us the entire value of the voucher ($10) off of our total, instead of just a free ticket. So, for all three of us, we only paid $6 to see it!! (William was free, even though when I called a few days ago, they told me he was $7.75) I figured for $6, even if we had to leave, it was worth a shot!!


Walking in! Looking like a big boy!!
His little bookbag was so sweet!
Pointing and saying, "OOOOOOOH!!!"
Mike! :)
Once inside, William and I found seats while Robbie got our snacks. We sat at the very top, just because I didn't want him to disturb anyone if we had to bust out the iPhone for a quick relief. He had his own seat, and we even got him a booster seat from the theater to help him see over other people. He sat beside a little boy and they held hands. It cracked me UP! He mainly sat in one of our laps though. He is a little popcorn hog! He watched the entire movie. He got a little antsy the last 15 min or so, but who doesn't - after 2.5 hours?! (We were there early since it was PACKED for opening weekend). It was the sweetest little movie with a really precious message about just being you. We all really enjoyed it.

My own seat?!
He thinks he is big stuff!

He couldn't even make it home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment