About Me

My photo
NC girl who loves Jesus, Robbie, William, family, friends, Walt Disney World, all things pink, and monogrammed!

Sara & Robbie

Sara & Robbie
Met in a small town. Moved to a big city. Married 6 years. Owe it all to God's grace.

William Carter

William Carter
Born on 9/22/11. Loves his Mama fiercely, babies, Disney, playing his heart out, his friends and family.

Friday, June 28, 2013

Five on Friday!

I have seen a lot of blogs doing this Five on Friday recently. I love the idea of it! I actually have a few random tidbits to share today, so it works perfect! ;)



One
I think everyone knows that Robbie and I have a penchant for eating out at restaurants. Unfortunately, it gets sooo expensive seven nights a week, ha! Yesterday, I got off work a little early and ran out to Harris Teeter to grab a few essentials for a dinner at home. I have been scouring Pinterest lately for some dinner ideas that don't break the bank, and use ingredients that we have! I found a delicious chicken recipe that used spices I already had in my pantry. So, I literally only had to buy chicken breast. Thanks to a tip from Laura, I went to the butcher counter at HT and got three HUGE fresh chicken breasts, and they are only $1.99 a pound. That is cheaper than anywhere around here. I picked up a few other goodies and headed home to prepare. The recipe that we used can be found here. It was super easy, and Robbie threw them and some corn on the cob on the grill. Awesome. Mama made mashed potatoes and I made peas. Try the delicious rub - it gives a TON of flavor!!

BBQ Spice Rubbed Chicken Breasts

4 chicken breasts
2 tablespoons mild chili powder
1 teaspoon black pepper, medium grind
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons onion powder
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice (I didn't have this so I just used a touch of cinnamon)
1 tablespoon coriander, ground* (optional)
2 dried bay leaves, crushed* (didn't use these)
1 tablespoon salt

Mix all dry ingredients and rub liberally over the chicken. Grill until done and enjoy!! :)


Hiding from Dada when he came in the door!
The finished product!! So delicious!


Two
I have wanted to get William a Radio Flyer Steer and Stroll bike for forever!! But the $90 price tag was keeping me at bay. I checked a few consignment stores around, and they didn't have any, BUT offered to put my name down on a list in case they got one. They called me last week and said they finally got one in and they could hold it for me. I was so excited! We picked it up Wednesday night! It is a little faded, but for $25 and working great, we will take it!! He LOVES it! As soon as you ask him if he wants to ride his bike, he drops what he's doing to go outside haha. The night we bought it, he cried when we put it in the car. He thought we were leaving it at the store. He is the funniest thing. I hope he will enjoy it for a while. The handle for us to push him can be removed once he starts pedaling on his own, so it should be a good investment!

Riding after dinner with Nana!
Love!

Three
Last night after dinner, William was "cooking" in his kitchen and then brought his bowl and spoon over to us to try his concoction. Riley was sitting beside us and he started letting her taste it too. She was less than impressed. 

Mixin it up!
Here, Riri!
LOL!

Four
Last night, William fell off of his little bike. Surprisingly, he didn't get hurt. However, a few minutes later, just walking down the driveway he fell and skinned his knee. He didn't even cry! But I was grossed out haha because there was blood. After bathtime, we used our first of our Jake and the Neverland Pirates bandaids - a Capn Hook one! He was obsessed with it and still won't leave it alone. He keeps pointing at it and saying, Ooooh, Ooooh like an old man!

So cool!

Five
For those who don't know, I have just started drinking coffee - about 2 months ago. I just have never liked the taste, and I LOVE a Diet Coke. But lately, I've read so much about artificial sweetener, I have tried to distance myself as much as possible. When we can find it on sale, we splurge and get the Dunkin Donuts Hazelnut coffee. It is delicious!!! We've tried a couple other brands with hazelnut flavor, and none of them are as good as DD! Add a little hazelnut creamer, and you are set!

Mmmm!

2 comments:

  1. Love my morning coffee. Welcome to the club! And thanks again for the HT tip on chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's how we buy our chicken too. I love DD coffee too. Great bike especially for $25. Love buying used!

    ReplyDelete