About Me

My photo
NC girl who loves Jesus, Robbie, William, family, friends, Walt Disney World, all things pink, and monogrammed!

Sara & Robbie

Sara & Robbie
Met in a small town. Moved to a big city. Married 6 years. Owe it all to God's grace.

William Carter

William Carter
Born on 9/22/11. Loves his Mama fiercely, babies, Disney, playing his heart out, his friends and family.

Friday, August 10, 2012

Sometimes....You Gotta Do What You Gotta Do...


This is so funny to me. A few years ago, I would have never thought of doing a thing like this. It is a little crazy, but I wanted to document it. William, like every other baby, loves to chew/bang on his crib rails. I probably wouldn't care so much, except this crib turns into his forever bed and I want the foot board looking decent. ;) He doesn't even chew it as much as he bangs his paci on it. In fact, that is how he wakes me up in the morning, ha! So, needless to say, the two side rails were looking rough.

I had looked online at Amazon and even One Step Ahead at rail covers. When I ordered his toy box, I had the rail covers in my cart, with personalization ;), and then read the reviews. Everyone was complaining about the ties being too short to wrap around the crib. I figured it was too big of a gamble since personalized items can't be returned!!

Flash forward a few weeks...Mama, Robbie, everyone telling me I need to order the rail covers. Shelley calls me from Katie's house and says, "Hey, Katie has Emily's bumpers tied around the top of the crib to cover it" She sent me a picture and I said, well why not? Our {expensive, never used} PBK bumper (thanks, Papa!) was sitting in his closet since I am such a SIDS scaredy-cat! Robbie and I tied that sucker tight around the top of his crib. When we laid him in there, he was so confused...just looking around like he was thinking, what in the world?! He tries to bang the paci...silence. Ahhh, yes!! Haha! So far, we are on night 3 and it is working great so far. It hasn't come down on top of him, which was my concern. And it is saving the rails!! Yay!! Thanks to Shelley and Katie for saving me some moolah to put towards his party!!! ;)



1 comment:

  1. Good idea! ;) Ya'll will be so helpful to me in the future for advice!

    ReplyDelete