About Me

My photo
NC girl who loves Jesus, Robbie, William, family, friends, Walt Disney World, all things pink, and monogrammed!

Sara & Robbie

Sara & Robbie
Met in a small town. Moved to a big city. Married 6 years. Owe it all to God's grace.

William Carter

William Carter
Born on 9/22/11. Loves his Mama fiercely, babies, Disney, playing his heart out, his friends and family.

Friday, January 13, 2012

A Few Of My Favorite (Baby) Things...

I have seen so many blog posts about what baby gear is the best and I thought it would be fun to do my own, if for no other reason than to be able to reference if there is a next time! Obviously I have only have approximately 4 months experience with these products, but this is my opinion so far!

Britax B-Ready Stroller

I was such a skeptic about this one. It had that modern look to it and I was so used to the traditional Chicco look. But Shelley kept telling me this stroller was so great, so I took the leap! We love it! It is lightweight and pushing it is nothing. It also folds up SO easily and goes flat and right in the trunk of either vehicle! It also has a  huge basket under it for shopping trips ;) I also love that his car seat fits into it and then when he is bigger, he sits in the bigger seat sitting up. It also can be a double stroller, with two car seats, a car seat and a big seat, or two big seats!!! Just in case ;)

Britax Chaperone Car Seat
I was worried about this car seat because it came with such a huge base for the car and I honestly didn't know if it would fit in the Honda. But it does, and I know he is safe in it so that is a plus. It is a cute color and William seems to love it. Most of the time, especially if he is in this in his stroller, he sleeps! Yay!

Boppy Lounger
This was a last minute registry addition. Thank goodness my MIL bought it for us at a shower! We used this so much when William was smaller. He is starting to outgrow it now, since he wants to pull himself up to a sitting position constantly. He is tired of being on his back, ha! But we used it constantly - in the bed while watching TV, on the couch, etc.

Fisher Price Snug a Bunny Swing
This swing is huge but so wonderful. It plugs into the wall, which is great because we have never had to buy tons of batteries for it! William LOVES it. He will stay in it for hours if need be and most of the time, if you can't get him to take a nap anywhere else, he will take it in the swing. It has been the reason I have been able to get so many things done! He loves the music and is obsessed with staring at the birds as they go round and round above him.

Fisher Price Infant to Toddler Rocker
Instead of the traditional bouncy seat, I went with this since it would last so much longer. He wasn't too big of a fan at first, but he is really starting to love it now! It has an elephant, lion and turtle on a bar above him, and he is just starting to reach out to hit them and talking to them up a storm!! It will keep him occupied while Robbie and I cook or eat dinner!

Summer Infant Baby Touch Video Monitor
This thing is the reason that William is allowed to sleep in his crib :) I am such a worrywart....so I love being able to roll over and look to make sure he is still asleep. The thing is so clear I can even tell if his paci has fallen out or if he has spit up. If I didn't have this, I would be getting up 100x a night! It was expensive, but so worth the investment. Any mom will agree, sleep is worth any dollar amount!!!

All Facebook smocked/auction places
It's true, I have an obsession with these places and I should probably un-like half of them. But the truth is, they are selling smocked outfits for $35 instead of the boutique price of $75. Couponing if I ever saw it ;) Dressing William is one of my favorite things, so anything to make that easier on our pocketbook is good with me!

Fisher Price Rock n Play
This saved our lives at the beginning of William's life! We had spent a bunch of money on a bassinet from Babies R Us and William hated it. Every time we would lay him down, he would scream and spit up. He literally could not be flat on his back and this was flat.as.a.board. So, we ended up returning it and getting the Rock N Play, which was much less expensive. It elevates him while still being cozy and tight for him. We were able to get him to sleep 4-5 hour stretches as soon as we got this. And, it folds flat for us to travel with it and he sleeps great on trips, too!

Mustela Soap


This soap smells soooo good! It is my favorite. It is, of course, a little more expensive, but LOVE. Kate gave us a bottle as a gift, and after the controversy surrounding Johnson's, I started using it and LOVE it. William smells soooo good afterward!

Avent Pacifier
Love these! This one is glow in the dark for easy finding in his crib ;)
These are William's favorite!!! Unfortunately, they are also Riley's. We cannot keep them around and have tons of colors to match outfits ;) They are really the only paci he will take and keep.

SwaddleMe swaddler
Well, I hate to talk too big about this one...but recently it has saved us! I'm not sure if it was a coincidence or what, but the night we put William in this, and every night since, he has slept 10-12 hours. We were swaddling his legs in his smaller size one, and he was just waking up once a night. Not bad, but still tiring. Then we went out and bought the larger size, and voila! Slept through the night. I'm not sure if his arms jerking around woke him up or what, but I sure hope it continues. We will enjoy it while it lasts.

Portable Swing
We love this! We leave it in our bathroom upstairs so that William just sits in it while we get ready. Shelley gave it to me, and it has been a godsend! He loves to swing and there is no way we could move his big swing up and down the steps, so this is perfect. He also loves the songs.

Avent Bottles
We love these. They rarely leak, and if they do, it is usually an operator error :) William has loved them from the beginning, and they don't have 100 parts to them. Throw 'em in the dishwasher basket, and we're good to go!

Bumbo
Love reading with Nana!
William is now to the point where he wants to sit up, all the time. But of course he cannot do it yet without our help. So, when reading to him or trying to do something else, I sit him in the Bumbo and he loves just looking around at everything. It's really helpful in his playroom, so he can sit and stare while I pull out all of his toys and play!

Fisher Price Luv U Zoo Gym
This is where William does most of his tummy time and a lot of time spent on his back practicing rolling around and he loves the music and staring up at all the toys!

I'm sure there are many more, and he is just getting to a point where he likes looking at and playing with toys. I am sure his Jumperoo will be a big hit when it is time for him to really enjoy it!


3 comments:

  1. We have the glow in the dark Avent pacifiers too. I just tried a normal Avent one this week but Davis can't keep it in as well as the Nuk brank pacifiers. I might need to borrow that Boppy Lounger once WCB outgrows it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed reading your BLOG...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh I never knew about the glow in the dark pacis! (do I live under a rock?!) I wish Bre had loved her swing as much as William does!! And I wish that I would've known about the rocker! To be sure it was out when Bre was born!?

    ReplyDelete