About Me

My photo
NC girl who loves Jesus, Robbie, William, family, friends, Walt Disney World, all things pink, and monogrammed!

Sara & Robbie

Sara & Robbie
Met in a small town. Moved to a big city. Married 6 years. Owe it all to God's grace.

William Carter

William Carter
Born on 9/22/11. Loves his Mama fiercely, babies, Disney, playing his heart out, his friends and family.

Monday, January 16, 2012

Our Weekend...

Friday night, Mama, Hannah, William and I headed over to Stephanie's house for dinner. She had surgery earlier in the week so we went over to hang out for a little while. It was nice getting to visit and her house has recently been redone and it  looks great!!! I have been inspired to do a few things around our house, so stay tuned...

William was a little fussy and tried to play with his toys and stretch out. We left around 9 and I put my grumpy pants to bed!


Saturday morning, I had to take Tanya to the airport so when William got up, Robbie and I stayed up and got ready for the day. Robbie gave William a bath while I got ready. He had some fun playing on the bed with Riley supervising, hung out in just his diaper before his bath (his favorite), then I put on an outfit that makes him look so grown and we went to get Tanya. After that, he spit up when we got home so I changed him yet again :) Thankfully, it was cold outside so I figured we better get some use out of the snowflake smocked outfit he has. He looked so precious in it!!! We went to lunch at Robbie's Bojangles and he threw a fit while we were in there. He is just not being himself. I really think he is starting to teethe! He always has his fists in his mouth and he drools non-stop. And it just isn't like him to cry like this! After lunch, I ran a few errands while Mama sat in the car with him so I could get them done quickly. We then went on home and Hannah came over and we ordered pizza for dinner so we didn't have to take William out anywhere.





On Sunday, Robbie headed to work bright and early! William slept until around 8 and was ready to eat. About an hour after feeding him, he was starting to get sleepy, so he took a nap until 11:45! Guess who else took a nap?! After he woke up, I went ahead and got ready and we headed downstairs to fix dinner!

I made some pretzel/hug sandwiches and honey chicken for dinner while William played on his play mat and spent some time in the Jumperoo. He was still pretty fussy for part of the day, so I am glad we were staying home again.

The Hugs sandwiches were so easy!! You just line a baking sheet with wax paper, lay a pretzel "snap" down and then put a hug on each pretzel. Put them in the oven for 2 minutes at 300 degrees. Let them stand for 1 minute after coming out of the oven. Then top each hug with another pretzel and press down. Pop the baking sheet in the fridge for 20-30 min to cool them off. Enjoy!!



The honey chicken was another Pinterest find. The ingredients made me a little nervous, but I figured we'd try it anyway. It was soooo good and so easy!! Another crock pot recipe, which I love!

What you need:

  • Chicken (I used chicken tenderloins)
  • salt/pepper for the chicken
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 1/8 cup chopped onion (I left this out of course because we hate onions!)
  • 1/8 cup ketchup
  • 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes


Season the chicken with the salt and pepper, place into the crock pot. Mix together the honey, soy sauce, onion, ketchup, oil, garlic and pepper flakes in a small bowl. Pour over the chicken and cook on low for 3 hours or on high 1.5 hours. Cut chicken into bite size pieces and return to pot and toss with sauce. I served with peas, rice and rolls!

Sorry for the sideways pic, but can't figure out how to turn it!!

William spent some time reading while I fixed dinner.

And some rolling around with his ball.

Then he decided he just wanted to sit up and stare at me while I made sounds that he tries to copy!

We even tried out his big boy stroller just for fun!


 Robbie finally got home around 5:30 and we had dinner and played with William, who was still being grumpy :( He got a bath and then a bottle and went to bed at 8:15. We relaxed for a couple hours then went to bed ourselves. He kept us up a lot last night; everytime his paci fell out between the hours of 2 and 5 he started crying. That hasn't been an issue in a while so I really think his teeth are bothering him because as soon as the paci is in, he is silent and back asleep. Bless his heart :(

2 comments:

  1. Ni check out all that cooking!!! Ive been wanting to try those hugs and pretzels and then the hugs disappeared!! ALL of them ;) might have to try that chicken recipe too.. And you know I LOVE the smocked outfit!! He is adorable even if he was a fussy pants ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That chicken looks so good! I am going to have to try it! LOVE that striped romper and the snowflake outfit. It's so hard to find cute boy clothes that do not have crazy things on it! Hope the teething is getting better for William!

    ReplyDelete