About Me

My photo
NC girl who loves Jesus, Robbie, William, family, friends, Walt Disney World, all things pink, and monogrammed!

Sara & Robbie

Sara & Robbie
Met in a small town. Moved to a big city. Married 6 years. Owe it all to God's grace.

William Carter

William Carter
Born on 9/22/11. Loves his Mama fiercely, babies, Disney, playing his heart out, his friends and family.

Friday, January 27, 2012

Great Day for a Dr. Visit (4 month checkup)

William and I both had dr. appointments on January 24th. Robbie and I both took off work to enjoy the day together. We got up early with William and got ready for his appt at 11:30.

Good morning!
This shirt tastes so good!
He was so good for his whole appt. I was dreading him having shots :( The dr said he is such a sweetie pie. She commented on how well he holds his head up, that his weight is great, and he is doing everything he should be, developmentally.

His stats are:
Weight: 14lbs. 4.5oz (47%)
Length: 24 1/8 in. (17%)
Head: 16in. (30%)

Robbie was worried about his height, but the dr assured us that with our height, William would spring up soon! We are so, so thankful that he is still remaining our super healthy little guy! We have not had any sick visits to the dr, thank goodness. We definitely feel totally blessed that he is such a perfect little baby!

As usual, I had a bunch of questions for the dr! She said we can start him on oatmeal cereal any time now, and then fruits and veggies!!! I think we are going to wait just a couple more weeks, since life is pretty easy right now, ha! I think he will enjoy something other than formula though, when the time comes. All of these constant changes are so much fun! But make us a little sad at the same time. He is growing up right before our eyes!

After our very patient pediatrician answered all of my random questions, the nurse came back in for shots :( These were way worse than the 2 month shots. He turned purple automatically and just sobbed. The nurse was quick and I grabbed him as soon as I could. Sweet thing stopped crying as soon as he was in my arms!
Waiting for the dr!

 After his appt, we headed to get some lunch with Mama and Hannah. I came home, started our dinner of chicken noodle soup, some breakfast for the week, and got ready for my own appt. Mine was at 3:45 and went pretty well!

When we got home, we had dinner and then gave William his bottle. I noticed he was getting hot and took his temp, and he had a very low fever of 100.4. His first fever! Those darn shots. I gave him some Tylenol and he went on to bed. Poor thing!!!

The chicken noodle soup was YUMMY!! Next time, I will add more chicken stock and carrots. I found it, where else?! Pinterest!

What you need:
5 cups of chicken broth
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup onions chopped fine (we omitted)
1/2 cup celery (omitted)
1/2 cup carrots
1/2 cup green onions (omitted)
1 can of whole kernel corn
salt and pepper to taste
1 1/2 cup egg noodles
2 cups cooked chicken

Add all ingredients but the chicken and noodles to the crock pot and cook on low for 5-6 hours. The last hour, turn on High and add noddles and chicken. (I boiled our chicken until done then threw it in the Kitchen Aid mixer on speed 4 for 20 seconds- no more laborous chicken shredding - thank you, Pinterest!!!) After adding them, it only takes about 45 minutes for the noodles to cook. Enjoy!!




Since I had the time, I also decided to make some little egg muffins that I saw on Courtney's blog! Such a neat idea, you make ahead for the week and then refrigerate. Each morning, I pull out a couple and microwave them for a few seconds!

What you need:
Egg Beaters
Muffin Tin
Fillings of your choice (I did ham and mozz cheese)

Spray your muffin tin with cooking spray. Add in your toppings. Cover with egg beaters. Cook in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. That's it!!! After cooling, refrigerate. They are sooo good!


 


1 comment:

  1. Way to go Ni!!!!!!!!! I'm impressed with all of this cooking ;) I think I'm going to have to try both recipes!!

    ReplyDelete